Social services and mental health

MmumoftwoDS

Social services and mental health

Post by MmumoftwoDS » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:39 am

Hiya,

I do have a another post up explaining the situation, this is a side thing

Can I please be explained, what right to social services have around your mental health?

They're still refusing anything in writing or recorded, and have gone to my childrens school now to get around it as the school refuse to be recorded.

They're complaining about my MH. Except I've been to my GP, I got given available councilling options (most have stopped due to covid and will not be starting again anytime soon); actually, my MH has been fine in the past 3 months (in regards to the issue they're complaining about, which is my male neighbour causing problems). I had therapy. I have friends and family supporting me. My MIL comes over almost daily to help me with my 2yo while he goes through his terrible twos stage, because otherwise his brother would be late for school and 🤷‍♀️

I literally sorted my own support system and they haven't actually spoken to me about this, they refuse to put it in writing, and what makes it better

The PTSD they're telling me has clearly got so bad I can't function - I'm not even formally diagnosed with. It's a self diagnosis from years ago. They've never even asked me.

My old GP has booked an appointment to see me and how she can help, is going to write a letter and overall be supportive; my new one 🙄 sent me a link. My therapist is asking her boss (who is away until January) if she can write me a note just saying, actually yes, she has had therapy, her friend actually referred us to her. I literally have a whole support system around me and social services are pretending it doesn't exist.

Can someone please advise

I've already sent a letter via post, politely requesting they answer my email from over a week ago. As they, like I said, still refuse to put anything into writing.

Bossman1959

Re: Social services and mental health

Post by Bossman1959 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:19 am

Hi, I am so sorry to hear of your trouble with social services. Whilst I am not an official on this site, I hope my thoughts and experience may help. First I would just like to say that some counsellors have started doing counselling sessions via zoom and or telephone, it might help if you could find one of them. I hear that you are saying the social worker isn't responding to you or putting any thing in writing. If you are not happy with the social worker it may help you to follow the complaints procedure for the children's services. First to the social worker giving a time scale to respond. Then after the deadline has passed to the social workers boss, again giving a deadline, if /when that deadline passes then I beleive it is the head of child services in your area . Should you still not be happy, I would try the Odbudsman and your local MP.

Hope this helps..