Interim care order - what should I so?

Mossie20

Re: Interim care order - what should I so?

Post by Mossie20 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:57 pm

We have had her report, she is backing an SGO based on lies and fear. I haven't spoken too her yet as I am getting no reply.

No one can ever give a straight answer as to what they are scared of happening. The original threshold was absolute rubbish, either lies or twisted information. But we could not defend any of it at the hearing when they applied for an IRO and the judge just accepted it all as true without evidence.

The original social worker lied about my son’s weight losses twice. His red book proves he did not lose when he stated. The list of weights given to the judge was not all of his weights. He had lost weight at home, not when the social worker said. He implied he first lost weight at home and only ever at home when, after maternity he first lost weight on the children’s ward. He also lost multiple times and remained static in hospital, but these weights have never been given to court, the current social worker, or the guardian. I have sent all his weights to the social worker, and a copy of his red book highlighting the weights that prove he lied.

He said I handled him inappropriately and did not support his head. All health visitor records, and hospital records have always said I handled him well and was always calm. All contact reports are the same, not once have any concerns been raised. They never have recommendations and always say it’s a lovely contact.

He said myself and my husband did not raise concerns, again medical records prove we did, and the expert stated I raised concerns appropriately.
He lied about my GP refusing to do an autism referral. They had done one it was the autism team that declined. He knew this he sat in my living room and took a photo of the letter in front of his service manager. He lied to court saying the GP wouldn’t do it. he also told me not to try again as they would probably decline it again then asked court for a private one which was refused by the judge.

He breached GDPR, which his service manager knows about and I can prove and she has done nothing about it.

Despite all this he has had a promotion to team manager. He clearly does not have a good reputation as any contact officer who knows him either doesn’t say anything and just gives a funny look or says no one is a fan of him.

I am told he won’t even be called to court, that the current social worker will have to answer for him. Can we do anything about this? We don’t want him to ruin other families for no reason. It is no surprise the local authority we are dealing with are deemed inadequate by Ofsted. It went from CIN to court proceedings in just over a week of him taking over from the assessing SW, completely skipping a CPP.

The Guardian has been told lies by my own family. Either my mum or sister have told her that I refused to see anyone when I was in hospital, and that I wouldn’t talk to anyone. Its not the first time my sister had lied but no one will look into it.

My sister is not a good parent but was the best of a bad set of options, we never thought it would be for so long. She isn’t letting him have naps when he clearly needs one as he keeps coming to contact tired. Even the contact officers says he is too young not to have a nap, he is only just 19 months. He is wearing shoes that don’t fit because she knows if he has his feet measured I can go too, and without measuring them we can’t but him decent fitted shoes. But the social worker won’t do anything. I have told the social worker that she lied about physical punishment, she has always smacked her children including in the mouth but all she has said is my sister denies it, when she was obviously going to deny it when she lied in the first place. nothing more has been done. She wont talk to anyone else because she knows they will back us and tell the truth.

I have read it, my sister would basically have full control as I know she wouldn’t consult us and would do the exact opposite out of spite and we couldn’t stop her.

The issues raised aren’t issues, they are things like our relationship, which is fine and the only people to see us together are contact officers who have no concerns. Another is my mental health which I have been discharged from as they say it is circumstantial. The hospital also said the same.

The only recommendation not completed is couples therapy, we have been twice, we don’t need it and the therapist says we don’t need it to parent.

I am terrified the judge will believe all the lies as the guardian has. She has lied herself saying she has spoken to my husband which she has not and implying he cancelled a contact with her when he didn’t know she was going, he was ill. How can she write such an important report accurately and fairly when she has never met or spoken to one parent and only spent half an hour with the other. She has never seen our house, she is only going of others reports, which don’t raise any concerns but surely she should want to see herself? She is backing the SGO out of fear.

The social worker has said the date for the IRH is now September which is ridiculous, all reports are in and it is only 1 hour. However, my solicitor has not heard anything, so I am hoping it is a mix up. We have never had to wait so long for a new date.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:51 pm

Dear Mossie20

Thank you for your update, I am sorry that your situation is so difficult.

Please may I suggest that you ask your solicitor whether you will get an opportunity to question the professionals at a final hearing. Please also read our previous post to you earlier in the month.

Best wishes

Suzie

Mossie20

Post by Mossie20 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:47 pm

We have had a IRH date for 20th July moved from the 9th September, fingers crossed it wont get delayed again.

The guardians have never came to our house (if it was me I would want to see the child’s home for myself) she spoke to me once in January after months of trying to have contact with her she became the guardian last July. She then came to a contact in early March and barely stayed half an hour. She has never met or even spoken to my husband despite claiming to have spoken to him in the report. She also lied about what my mum told her according to my sister. She said I refused to see anyone while in hospital. My husband came most days and my cousin kept trying but I kept getting told different visiting rules by different nurses. I asked the social worker about this she claims she hasn't said this. It also seems irrelevant even if it were true.

We had a paediatric expert saying our son shouldn’t have been removed.

We had no relationship problems until the local authority become involved its like they were trying to split us up with the things they tried to get us to say and what they said about us. I had one trying to push me to say I had been forced to have a private scan. It was ridiculous, and that my husband was excluded from the birth as I had my mum there. He didn't want to be which I had no problem with I always wanted to have my mum there and could only have one person. He would have been useless he can't handle childbirth on the Tv let alone in reality. His only problem was that he wanted to wait in the corridor which wasn't allowed but he always knew that it wouldn't be.

The original social worker is finally been investigated for lying in evidence and on court applications and for breaching GDPR. I have been saying this all along that he lied, and the evidence was in front of them, but no one has bothered to check the facts. I have had to point it all out so now they cannot ignore it. He has also not passed on all information to court or the current social worker. His service manager knew of the GDPR breach since October but is denying this. She was sat in my living room and knew the child I said it was about. She saw the social worker take a photo of a letter then lied about to court. She has said they shouldn’t be involved with us we aren’t the usual type, which we get told at contact frequently. She said 99% of psychological reports come back saying the child shouldn’t be returned, and ours didn’t. She said I’m a good mum but none of this is written anywhere, and neither she or the old social worker will get called to court. Even the current social worker thinks he should be called as she can’t answer for him.

The guardian had not seen this evidence and last week the guardian has changed for the second time. How does this work at court since the latest guardian did not write the report?

Also, the things both the guardian and the local authority were using as reasons are irrelevant and since the report proven. They were saying my mental health was a concern which I have since had a CBT and two reports from the hospital saying it is circumstantial due to what is going on. They also said they were worried about our relationship being damaging and the guardian saying that I have autistic traits (again based on more lies) we have been to a couple’s therapist as recommended three times. The first time he said we are a nice couple and very calm. He said we don’t need therapy and certainly not to parent, he said I am not autistic which many including the current social worker do not think I am. He also said I am not depressed. He offered to do a letter for court we did not even need to ask. The social worker is updated but I am yet to even speak to the new guardian.

I asked the social worker about the couples therapy as I am concerned they will say we haven't done the recommendation despite them saying we don't need it.
They never specified the amount of times we should go.
The social worker says we have and can't do anymore, but I had a autism team refuse an referral but it was still pushed for by the last social worker.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:01 pm

Dear Mossie20

Welcome back to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your further updating post.

I understand that the situation is still very difficult.

Your Issues Resolution Hearing date is now the 20th July. In an earlier response, I provided some information to help you prepare for it. It may be worth your while revisiting this.

Do liaise closely with your solicitor who is best placed to advise you and who will have a good understanding of all your concerns and the assessments that have been completed. It is unfortunate that there has been a change of Guardian in the case. Please talk through the implications of this with your solicitor who will advise on what they expect the new Guardian to do to inform their recommendation. I would expect them to be in touch with you.

I am glad that you had no difficulties with the couple’s therapy and it seems that the therapist was quite supportive. It is good that you have discussed this with the social worker already.

I am not sure if the investigation into the social worker’s behaviour that you mentioned is part of a complaints process or a different process but it seems that your concerns are being looked into now.

I hope this helps.

Suzie

Mossie20

Post by Mossie20 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:09 am

Hello
At our IRH the Judge ordered the Local Authority to produce a new threshold as by their own admission the first was not met due to the expert report.
It was a week late and has clearly been copied and pasted with a few altered words, it has exactly the same grammar and spelling mistakes and nearly word for word the same.
They have removed one point and added nothing new, and still contains the same proven lies. It completely ignores the expert report.
If it is again deemed not met by the judge will the order be ended?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:34 pm

Dear Mossie20

Thank you for your updating post. You can find an explanation of the threshold criteria here. Is the point that has been removed a significant one? I suggest that you ask your solicitor to advise you further on this matter urgently; they are best placed to make sense of the situation and to let you know what they think is likely to happen based on their legal knowledge and their understanding of your case.

Best wishes

Suzie

KatKat10

Post by KatKat10 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:43 am

Mossie, do a subject of access request and ask for everything that pertains to you, internal emails, hand written notes of meetings etc from social services. If you are not happy with your solicitor, then source another one who is accredited with children's law, as they will be highly experienced in that field. Have you been allocated a barrister in the court proceedings?

Mossie20

Post by Mossie20 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:42 pm

The point removed was stating I had been observed to handle my son inappropriately. It was untrue and health visitor records always stated I handled him well and was calm with him. We were seen three time a week due to his health issues.
The rest were just copied and pasted then a few words changed.
I have yet to discuss it with my solicitor but my husbands solicitor has also commented that it has clearly been copied and pasted.
Despite admitting the original threshold is not met due to the Paediatric expert report they have kept the same points in that it disproves.
I don’t have time for a new solicitor we are in court on Tuesday, it may not be my actual solicitor, she has only done one hearing. No I have not had a barrister at any hearing. My husband had one at a IRH last month who said this shouldn’t even be in court. The solicitor I had last time is who I have had the most and said in court that normally cases are black and white but this is very grey.

Mossie20

Post by Mossie20 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:26 pm

We have got to see the Psychologist again as she was unable to answer the questions, however she can't see us until the end of November which means we won't be in court until mid January. By then this will have being going on for 22 months because of the local authority delays.

The Barrister said after that the new threshold they have given, even if I accepted it all, which I do not would never have been enough to remove my son.

Is this not grounds to discharge the ICO, its not that we are saying it is irrelevant now but that they never had the grounds to remove him in the first place.

I have evidence the social worker lied (who is now suddenly on sick leave since the evidence was passed on to managers)
I have evidence his manger lied about my son looking ill. Also that he always looked better at home than in hospital regardless of his weight. All examinations were fine and didn't raise concerns. If he had been on the correct weight chart as he was as stated by the expert premature he wouldn't have been treated like a average newborn. He was also very likely even earlier than thought.
There have been multiple doctors saying on discharge letters and Gp checks up saying that he was clinically well and developing normally.

The assessing social worker was happy to leave him on a CIN the week before, her only concern being his feeding/weight which the expert overrides. She said she could see an improvement in my mood being at home instead of hospital so did not have any major concern about my mental health which was only ever worry about my sons health.

There must be something we can do to speed things up other than hoping the psychologist has a cancellation?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:20 pm

Dear Mossie20,

Thank you for your updating post. I understand how frustrating it is for you that the delays continue and no final decision has been reached, but I can only suggest that you speak with your solicitor and ask them for their input and advice regarding this.

Best wishes,
Suzie