Help for my child

Kingfisher

Re: Help for my child

Post by Kingfisher » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:25 am

Hi, now that social services are involved months after all the bruises and everything on my son, they have visited my son twice and they're are saying it doesn't look like he is being physically abused, I've told them how bad he gets really scared ro go back to his mum and goes mute and everything like that amd that he's been getting bruises on his neck amd head amd everything and that he's saying mummy is hitting me and making me cry but they are just dismissing what my son had said I find it ridiculous that they're not taking it seriously
Please respond,
Thank you

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:50 pm

Dear Kingfisher

Thank you for your further post. I am sorry to hear that you feel that your concerns for your son in his mother’s care are not been taken seriously by children’s services.

Has the social worker completed their assessment and provided you with a copy yet? Once it is completed it should be shared with you and your comments and views recorded. You should let the social worker know if there are any factual errors in the assessment and ask that they be changed. If you disagree with their professional opinion you can ask that this be noted. If you continue to be unhappy with the assessment of your son’s situation and any decision made by children’s services you can consider making a complaint . You can find out more about how to do this here.

As previously advised, as you are a father with parental responsibility and a Child Arrangements Order in place you can seek legal advice from a solicitor or Child Law Advice about your legal options in light of your concerns e.g. if you are considering applying to vary the existing order or stopping contact due to safeguarding concerns.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

benion

Post by benion » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:43 am

Children do get bruises on certain areas eg knees through genuine accidents. However, bruising on the neck is more suspicious.
Make sure you keep photographic evidence of each bruise or unexplained injury. If the child needs medical attention due to injury, take them to the local A&E or GP surgery, where the professionals will all have had safeguarding training.
As Suzie said, if you have concerns, you have every right to take the matter to a family law court. If you cannot afford a solicitor, you can self represent perhaps with the help of a McKenzie friend.