S. 37...

Bossman1959

S. 37...

Post by Bossman1959 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:13 pm

Hi..

I have been accused by my ex partner, of voyerism, stalking and sexual assault.

I was in court on 14th November with favourable social worker recommend untill this happened. The social worker claimed certain conditions that are not actually on my bail paper with regard to my ex.

I am not sure what she said in court as I was totally surprised about this. Sw had been talking along the,lines of we need to get schools etc for the children. And now this.

The allegations are malicious,I have reported domestic abuse which the social worker seemed to accept on the phone. Although I am now homeless with the kids staying with maternal family. I am not sure where to go with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: S. 37...

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:26 am

Dear Bossman1959

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that the situation is very difficult at the moment.

From what you say, your children’s mother has made new serious allegations against you which you strongly deny. I understand that these allegations came as a shock to you and that you were very disconcerted by them.

It seems that the seriousness of these allegations have impacted on your private law court case .

They will also be considered in relation to the child protection plan for your children which I am assuming is still in place. Do you have a core group or review conference coming up? The social worker will need to address these additional concerns in her report for either meeting and the child protection plan will need to reflect them too.

Are the police investigating these new allegations? I don’t know what your bail conditions are or what they relate to exactly but if the social worker has incorrect information about them which she has referred to in court then it is important that you provide the correct information to both the social worker and the court urgently. If you have a criminal solicitor they should be able to help you with this if necessary.

Do you have a solicitor representing you in the family court proceedings in relation to who your children should live with and have contact with? If so, you should check with them about what happened in court and about any further directions or decisions made. Or you can contact Child Law Advice to get specific legal advice about this.

You have reported domestic abuse to the social worker previously which she seemed to accept. Do you mean that you have reported that your ex-partner was abusive to you? This needs to be taken into account by the social worker in their assessment and planning for your children too as they can be harmed by witnessing domestic violence perpetrated by either parent/carer against the other. We have some FAQs about this issue. You may also already know that the Men’s Advice Line can support male victims of domestic abuse.

Where there are allegations and counter allegations of domestic abuse both children’s services and the court will need to weigh this up carefully to assess what is needed to keep the children safe and who can care for them safely.

I am sorry to hear that you have recently become homeless. I hope that you are able to get support and housing advice from a local housing advice service or Shelter. Their urgent advice helpline is 0808 800 4444.

Your state that the children are now living with the maternal family. Do you know what sort of arrangement this is? Were they placed with maternal family members by their social worker, with parental agreement ? If so, this would be classed as a voluntary arrangement under section 20 of the Children Act 1989. As a father with parental responsibility you should be properly involved and informed in an decisions relating to your children. I hope that plans for contact have been agreed but if not do raise this urgently with the children’s social worker.

As there are a number of issues involved you might like to discuss your situation with an adviser. You can ring the freephone advice line on 0808801366, Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm to talk to an adviser. If you prefer to post back please do, clarifying the queries asked, if you can.

I hope this helps.

With best wishes

Suzie