Day 9

Missing_two

Day 9

Post by Missing_two » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:58 pm

Hi all new here and so so so desperate for support and advice it's day 9 since they took my 2 girls 10 yrs and 8 yrs - I am filing for appeal due to the time restrictions put on a one day contested hearing which was for the ex initially however the Socail and Cafcass flipped and changed position and became my fight- this all after the gaurdian having met them once for 20 mins and never having met me - they have left 3 in my care from a different father 2 subject to proceedings the other now free of Child Protection due to age - the 2 in my care are 16 and 14 only 3 years between the eldest girl they took and him - I have a judicial complaint in agsint the judge for how rude she was to me and hoping on the appeal . The whole involvement of social since just before first lockdown has been a shambles of lies , errors , inconsistent reports and cut and paste - it all went wrong when I asked for a new SW as the one I currently had had acted unethically and now I have a newly qualified one on a complex case and the manager is behind everything that is happening- I want a independent social worker review or it moving away from her team however solicitor says this can only happen thru complaining to socail themselves of which will it rock the boat ?

Basically the SW himself can see there's nothing wrong but his manager is out to get me well she successfully made that happen they now have my 2 babies in interim care of which is killing me - I got rid of the problem which was thier dad involvement of child abuse and abuse to me and drugs they (socail ) naturally had to be bought in swept all that under the carpet and brung up historical stuff and are banging on about that and nothing acknowledged that he was here and what he did no work that has been ordered has ever been done and they claim thats my fault they haven't offered half of what they could they have blamed covid yet when we all had covid or I've been cautious around covijd as I have long covid that's wrong - they lie their faces off to the point I don't know why I waste legal aid money responses to statements when there aren't read they don't acknowledge the positives at all - I see them 2 times a week for 2 hours supervised like I'm the criminal how the hell do I keep going and hope to get them back within around the 26 weeks - every report is about me it's cherry picked information they don't put the full story in and I'm just so fed up it's been since March 2020 of this and nothing I do is right yet the person who I got rid of who hasn't seen his kids or attempted us now involved as he dosnt have to pay basically has 3 other children he dosnt see being painted out to be the hero or there's nothing wrong when he failed and lied on a drug test and makes stupid remarks that I can disprove when does all this cone puy I'm sick of reading report after report of lies and cheery picked info on me arfhgggggggg sorry

L

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Day 9

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:02 pm

Dear Missing_two,

Thank you for your post - you may have seen that I have responded to your post on another thread, and may want to read this in case it answers any of the questions you have.

You say that your 2 daughters are subject to care proceedings and have been removed from your care. You also have another 3 children - 1 whom is no longer subject to child protection due to their age (I am assuming they are 18 or over?) and 2 more children who have a different father. Can you clarify if these 2 children are also subject to care proceedings? You say you have lodged an appeal - I am assuming this is an appeal of the interim care order? Have you discussed this with your solicitor and have they advised that you have grounds for an appeal?

You say that children's services involvement has been a 'shambles' and that they have lied and completed inconsistent reports. You say you asked for a new social worker and that they you think this is where it all went wrong. You say that the manager is 'out to get you' and that you would like your case to be moved to another team - you have been advised by your solicitor that in order to do this you would need to make a formal complaint to children's services. You want to know whether this will 'rock the boat.' If you feel you have genuine grounds for complaint then you may want to lodge a formal complaint with the complaints officer - you can request a change of social worker, but this is not guaranteed to happen. Take a look here for more information about how to make a complaint and what you can do if you are not happy with the local authority's response. Please bear in mind that the social work team and the court may take the view that you are diverting attention away from the concerns at hand and that a change of social worker/team may be particularly disruptive during this crucial time. You may find it more helpful to request a meeting with the social worker and the team manager to discuss the issues you have raised and to discuss what steps can be taken to improve the working relationship.

You say in your post that aa number of issues have been raised by children's services including abuse from your children's father, drugs, and other historical things which you do not agree with. You say that you have not been offered the support you should have been and that positive aspects are not being acknowledged. You say that the manager is out to get you. Firstly, whilst I can understand your frustration and upset at children's services, it is really important to acknowledge that your 2 children have been made subject to an interim care order. In order for this to happen, the judge has to be satisfied that the threshold for significant harm has been met - therefore, in this case, the judge agrees that there is a significant level of risk posed to your children.

It is vital that you understand why the order was granted and what children's services are worried about. You mention your children's father a number of times, and whilst you may have strong feelings about his role as a parent, it would be most helpful for you to focus on what children's services would like to see from you to show that you can safely care for your children. In some parts of your post, you are at risk of minimising some of the concerns that have been raised, and this is likely to cause the social worker to become more worried. Nevertheless, if you feel you have been misrepresented in any reports or that incorrect information has been written about you, you should speak to your solicitor, who can challenge this in court.

If you would like to discuss this with one of our advisers, you can call our free and confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366 Monday to Friday, from 09:30 - 15:00.

I hope you have found this helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie.

Missing_two

Post by Missing_two » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:42 am

The eldest is 17 and free from any social now

Then the other 2 are 16 and 14 and having own solicitor

I am cautious like you say over making s complaint so will request a meeting like u advise

I have solicitor looking into appeal
Problem I have I the reasons over they claim they were removed for were all refuted yet I wasn't listened too the LA update statement was full of lies not fact

I will ask for a meeting I'm meeting the gaurdian for the first time tomorrow to hear her concerns
So will ask the same from SW as I have been really trying since he took over in January they just have had time and not done what they were told or offered services they could and should off and blame me
I'm due a advocate but have to be assessed first my barrister in the removal hearing was crap I could of done better

Thx u

Missing_two

Post by Missing_two » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:45 am

Also they say my partner isnt part of the proceedings yet are digging in his life with out consent and picking and choosing what to use him for and painting him in a bad light again which can be evidence no one has spoken to him or me in depth yet this was also ordered

So I'm confused

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:09 pm

Dear Missing_two,

Thankyou for your further post. I can see that you have made several other posts in the meantime, so will answer this specific one here and in due course will respond to your other posts.

You are unsure why children’s services are including information about your partner in the assessment whilst care proceedings are in place. You say that they are requesting information about him without his consent but have not yet spoken with you or him about this.

Children’s services are expected to undertake thorough investigations and this will include assessing and gathering information about significant people in the child’s life (this is not limited to biological relatives). As your partner is likely to be very much a part of your children’s life children’s services would be expected to include information about him as part of their assessments. This may include requesting information from the police for example. They do not have to have consent to request information however if your partner feels that his confidentiality has been breached he should discuss this with the organisation or person that shared the information with children’s services.

You say that you are planning to request a meeting with the social worker soon. I would suggest that in this meeting you ask the social worker to outline any concerns that they have about your partner and request that they ensure that they meet with him in person.

Best wishes,

Suzie