Sex Offender Risk Assessment

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Sex Offender Risk Assessment

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:12 pm

Need help 2021 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:45 pm Hi I wanted some information we are going to have a find fact hearing in the 23 may for 3 days I wanted to know who desires if he has interest in kids the judge or Lucy faithful . Lucy faithfull have said they will do the assessment after find fact hearing and the reason why we are haveing find faculty hearing is because local authorities are saying he has interest in kids and he is saying he doesn’t have .
Dear Need help 2021,

My apologies in the delay in responding to this post. I see that you have posted various times in the past few weeks and that the fact finding hearing took place at the end of May. You updated that you were advised that you should separate from your partner in order to protect your child. You say that you will be working with the Lucy Faithfull Foundation and that they have agreed to complete an assessment on your partner and the risk he poses to your son.

In answer to your question above, ultimately it will be up to the judge to make the final decision about whether your child is safe to remain in your care, or whether a court order (such as a care order or special guardianship order) is necessary to keep your child safe. This decision will be made by taking into account the recommendations from the various organisations involved, including any assessments made by the Lucy Faithfull Foundation and by children’s services, as well as recommendations made by your child’s guardian.

From what you have said it sounds that children’s services are considering whether your parents might be able to care for your child long term as special guardians if they feel that you are unable to safely care for your child.

We have information on our website here which may be helpful for you to read through as it contains advice and guidance about children’s services involvement when there is a concern about sexual abuse. The police investigation and any criminal court case in regards to your husband’s alleged offences will be completed separately to the assessments made by children’s services and the family court case.

I hope that this is of some help,

Best wishes
Suzie

Skysie98

Post by Skysie98 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:52 pm

Kitty 33 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:09 pm Hi there me and my ex are having to have the forensics assessment done I have mine done on the 29 of November don't no what sort of stuff they ask tho
Hi kitty 33
Can I ask if your able to be a family now?
My partner is on the register for 4 more years, his offences however were online and he did reoffend 3 years ago but he has since done lots of work etc.
They have done physiological assessments and me and my partner are currently living seperately as off this week we made this descison ourselves to protect our daughter (she’s due 9th December) he’s medium risk on probabtion and PPU and has not conditions of being around children on his SHPO
He’s not a risk to young children but females 10-14
He’s allowed supervised visits with his 2 other children and 2 who aren’t biologically his.
We have engaged fully with them.
I wondered if the Lucy faithfull assements were helpful?
Do you think if I asked for these they might do them?
Sorry I am new to all of this my partner is not a horrible person he’s very remorseful for his actions and wants to move on with his life. He has agreed to leave me if it has to come to that to protect me and our daughter in the hope that when he comes of the register and SHPO in 4 years we could be a family again.
Thanks in advance

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:23 pm

We are still going though a pams assessment

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:30 pm

Hi I needed some advice so at the moment with my case I am allowed to supervise contact between my son and my husband socail service saw be as a protective factor and when my son turns 7 or 8 I can then decided if he is able to protect him self and also my husband Lucy faithfull risk assessment came back low what I wanted to as if in the Gunter we wanted to get back together when my son is old enough like being said when he can protect him self will that be a problem and also if we wanted to have another child will that case problem at all .

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:22 pm

Dear Need help 2021,

Thank you for your post.

You say in your post that you have been approved to supervised contact between your son and husband. Children's services have stated that you are a protective factor and you say that when your son turns 7/8, you can decide if he is able to 'protect himself.' Your husband has undergone a Lucy Faithful assessment which resulted in a low risk conclusion. You would like to know whether you and your husband will be able to get back together in the future and whether there will be any issues if you choose to have another baby.

Firstly, I am not clear from your post whether children's services are still involved in your case. It appears that they consider your husband to pose some safeguarding risk to your son and therefore contact should be supervised by you. Have children's services made any recommendations regarding your relationship with your husband? I am unable to tell you what children's services may do if you reconcile in the future, however, I would advise that if this does happen, you inform them. Children's services may wish to complete an assessment or to risk-assess your husband again. The outcome of these assessments will inform whether the need to become involved and at what level. Nevertheless, they will expect you to act in a protective capacity and put your son's best interests first.

If you and your husband do have another baby, given the previous concerns, children's services will likely open a pre-birth assessment. A social worker will look at the situation, including any risks, and based on this, a decision will be made as to whether they need to remain involved and in what capacity.

Best wishes,

Suzie.

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:50 am

Hi kitty I wanted to know is there any updates on your case how are things for you now ?

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:00 pm

Hi how comes your case has gone to court and adoption is been put in place what is the solicitor saying to you is he or she giveing you advice

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:01 pm

Hi how comes your case has gone to court and adoption is been put in place what is the solicitor saying to you is he or she giveing you advice

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:14 pm

They are saying qe was being promoted to much in contact yet all the contact notes say all care needs are ment and they are no concerns it's not fair right naw at all we have done everything we was evan taking him to play group and stuff like that we are still waiting fit the judgement tho

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:43 pm

I have inboxed you plz let me know if you have received it