Sex Offender Risk Assessment

WhiteOrchid

Re: Sex Offender Risk Assessment

Post by WhiteOrchid » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:39 pm

Hi Need Help 2021,

I think if you are already known to child services, then the only way to live as a "normal" family would be to work with them. Unlock.org states that once offenders have served their time, they should be treated as normal, but this is not the case. For child services, the risk posed to children continues to exist even after any sentence has been completed. Even if your partner has served his sentence and you go on to have more children (no one can stop you), then I think a referral will be made by your midwife as you are already known.

If you do not have any children, then you may be able to live as "normal" once his sentence is completed, but should any situations arise and you chose not to disclose to child services then this may go against go.

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:44 pm

Thank you for your reply what happeneds when my son turns 16 will they have problems then for us livening together at the moment I am staying with my parents and doing everything to keep my son safe but in the future if we want to become a family when my son is 16 what will happen.

WhiteOrchid

Post by WhiteOrchid » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:51 pm

I think that at age 16, you should be able to resume a "normal" family relationship/setting. Most SHPOs state "no contact to under 16s" and I think its is because at age 16, children are considered to be more knowledgeable of these offences and can make their own decisions. I think it would also depend on your child's wants.

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:05 pm

He only has shpo for internet to see what he is going on Nothing to do with under 16 and his officer said he is a medium risk ask he would have still been on the group. I wanted to ask you if have been tould he would get community service 100 hours unpaid work and course and 5 y years on the register will it’s come of after 5 years .

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:01 am

Need help 2021 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:07 pm Can anyone please tell me once you come of the sex offender register can you stay with your family and have more kids in the future and live a normal life .
Dear Need help 2021,

Thankyou for your further posts. You would like to know what happens once someone comes off the sex offenders register, particularly in relation to living with children and having more children in the future.

I can see that WhiteOrchid has given you some useful advice. It is correct to say that children’s services may continue to be concerned that the risk to the children still remains even after a sentence has been completed and the offender is taken off the sex offenders register. Being taken off the sex offenders register does not necessarily mean that children’s services will cease any involvement. As WhiteOrchid also says it is likely that a referral would be made by the midwife if you were to become pregnant in future.

I’m afraid that I cannot answer your question about whether your husband will come off the sex offenders register in five years time – I would suggest that he speaks with his probation officer about this.

As I previously advised it is always best to try and work in partnership with children’s services to reach the best outcome for your children. Children’s services may complete their own risk assessment on your husband, and a large part of this assessment will focus on how well you are able to protect your children. Please see our website here for more information about children’s services involvement when there is a concern about sexual abuse.

I hope that this has been of some help. Please post again if you have any further queries, or you can call our free helpline on 0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 3pm) to speak with an adviser in more detail.

Best wishes,
Suzie

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:51 am

Hi kitty 33 how are things for you now ?

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:24 pm

All is going good we are doing an 11 weeks assessment we are on week 4 on Monday then week 5 we get to start taking her out of contact and taling her to play groups and stuff then we have a review meeting at 6 weeks to see if we are ready to start home contact

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:18 pm

I am happy to hear something is positive in some ones case if I am right he your partner had under age sex if I am correct who decide the risk level and did your case get taken to court ?

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:48 pm

Yes that's right we had a psychology assessment done and that's when they psychologist said he was low risk and hopefully will she will be home in May just depends on this new assessment

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Thu May 12, 2022 9:45 pm

Hi I wanted some information we are going to have a find fact hearing in the 23 may for 3 days I wanted to know who desires if he has interest in kids the judge or Lucy faithful . Lucy faithfull have said they will do the assessment after find fact hearing and the reason why we are haveing find faculty hearing is because local authorities are saying he has interest in kids and he is saying he doesn’t have .