Custody court shock

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Custody court shock

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:41 pm

Dear KPG88,

Thank you for your posts - I am sorry to hear about the distress and frustration that your family are experiencing as a result of your current situation.

From what you say, children's services have now opened an assessment and will be investigating the concerns you have raised with them. You mention that you have been told this will take months. I am therefore assuming that children's services have opened a children and families assessment under section 17 of the children act 1989, also sometimes known as a child in need assessment. This should take no longer than 45 days. Please take a look at this page for more information on child in need assessments.

As stated above, if you are unhappy with the way that children's services have responded to your concerns and their general conduct, I would advise that you make a formal complaint. Please take a look here for some guidance on how you can do this.

Best wishes,

Suzie.