Contact agreement help

Snoopy29

Contact agreement help

Post by Snoopy29 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:58 pm

My husband is being charged with communicating with a minor, we are awaiting on the official charges and his plea hearing.
Child services are involved and have agreed to supervised contact at his parent home (where he is currently living) we have asked for these to be amended to contact at the family home (still supervised) but I am struggling to get them to agree, although the contact would be exactly the same just at a different address?
Any help in how I can move this forward with them?
I have tried contacting the helpline but continually get the message all helpers are busy and to try later.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Contact agreement help

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:17 pm

Dear Snoopy29

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Board.

I am sorry that you have not been able to speak with us directly on our helpline – it is often very busy when it opens (at 9.30am) and during lunchtimes. The ‘quieter’ periods are usually after 10.00am.

It may be a good idea, if you have not done so already, to ask the social worker to give their reasons (in writing) for not considering contact in the family home as safe as contact in the grandparent’s home. Here are some tips about working with social workers and a charter of mutual expectations.

Additionally Lucy Faithfull may be able to support you and information can be found from the NSPCC Women as Protectors programme.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie