Social services making us out to be bad

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:11 pm

Social services making us out to be bad

Post by Whitsend » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:10 pm

My daughter has gone to live with super daddy because he made a call to police and made us out to be bad now social services are involved saying that my husband and I shout at her. Not being funny but who doesn’t shout at a nearly 12 year when they are giving attitude. Has anyone ever been in this situation Have I got a right to go and make her come back home. Whilst they do their assessment

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 3265
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Social services making us out to be bad

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:18 pm

Dear Whitsend,

Welcome to the parents’ board and thank you for your post.

You say that your 12-year-old daughter has gone to stay with her father, after he alleged to police that you and your husband were ‘bad.’ Children’s services are now involved and conducting an assessment. They state that you and your husband shout at your daughter, which you admit to. You want to know whether you have a right to go and get your daughter.

It appears from your post that a safeguarding concern has been raised with children’s services. In response to this, they are conducting an assessment, and have asked that your daughter live with her father in the meantime. Children’s services require an order from the court to have the power to dictate where a child should live. Whilst they do not have this here, they have asked you to agree to her living with her father whilst they carry out further investigation. Therefore, whilst you can legally go and retrieve your daughter from her father’s care, this may lead to children’s services becoming more worried. They may initiate child protection enquiries or seek legal advice and apply to the courts.

I therefore advise that you write to the social worker and ask them to outline what their concerns are and why they have asked that your daughter stay with her father. This may be a temporary solution until they feel satisfied that your daughter is safe in your care. If children’s services continue to recommend that your daughter stay with her father, and you do not agree with this, you could consider applying for a child arrangements order. You may find it helpful to speak to child law advice on 0300 330 5480 or Rights of Women on 020 7251 6577 about this.

You can read more about what to expect from an assessment here. You may also find it helpful to read our top tips on working with a social worker here.

I hope you have found this helpful.

Best wishes,


Post Reply

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 318 on Fri May 28, 2021 9:04 pm