Foster care

Xxkittyxx123

Foster care

Post by Xxkittyxx123 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:25 pm

Hi, my partner having his kids forcibly adopted out, their mum because of depression and my partner because of his previous life style, I am just wondering if I would have a chance of getting his eldest if I put my name forward for fostering . I have 4 kids of my own and have a 3 bed property does the child have to have his own room or is it possibility he could share with my other boy? If I pass a patterning assessment

Kind regards

***edited by Suzie to maintain confidentiality

Xxkittyxx123

Re: Foster care

Post by Xxkittyxx123 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:33 pm

Also need to add I had social involved because of an ex because of domestic abuse, but involved anymore and they or was know questioning about my partner in an in fact my social worker told me I was a good mum for what I done for my kids

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Foster care

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:22 pm

Dear XxKittyxx123,
Welcome to the Parent’s Forum.
I can see that you are asking whether you could foster your partners children. You say there were concerns about your partner due to his past lifestyle. It sounds like there have been care proceedings and the court found that your partners children had suffered significant harm or were likely to suffer significant harm due to his and the mothers parenting. Given you are with your partner, it is unlikely that they will consider you to be assessed as a foster carer because you would not be protecting the children from dad as you are his partner. However, in relation to children services involvement with your children, as you had accepted the support and understand the risks of domestic violence this should not exclude you from being a foster carer in the future and you should still be entitled to being assessed.
Here is some information about being assessed as friend and family foster carer.

Given your partners kids were removed from him, is it safe for him to be around your children? Do children services know about him being your partner?
If you need further advice, please post again.
Kind regards,
Suzie