Don't know what's going to happen

Penguin87

Don't know what's going to happen

Post by Penguin87 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:53 pm

So,In aug 2020 my DD was acting out of character by shouting,screaming,running.off,hitting,swearing and smacking her baby sister we put it down to being jealous so we rang CYPS for tips on how to control the situation unfortunately they wernt any help and said it was due to environment.
My daughter then told her friends she was being hit by her dad and social services were called.
In August my Dd was taken into care under a section 20.Our baby was left with us.
We then had to do a parent assessment and jump through hoops but it didn't accomplish anything
I was being let down by my partner so I chose to end it and go alone.He had a lot of problems that social services called a risk.

Now cafcass asked court to put care orders on both girls but the court disagreed.
My oldest has one has a care order and my youngest has a supervision order.
Now that I'm.doing the assessment alone I am worried because I'm doing everything they ask I removed the risk from the house! Yes later than I should have but I have now.
I'm doing DV Courses,putting a non molestation order on ex,doing counciling,family support work which she thinks I can be discharged until my daughter comes home because there's nothing more she could do at the time
Positive parenting and boundaries work for my dd.

I've never had any dealings with social services before and I think until then I did a good job with my babies.I am now scared that my girls won't be with me after this court hearing

Penguin87

Re: Don't know what's going to happen

Post by Penguin87 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:28 pm

60 views and not one reply?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:35 pm

Dear Penguin87

Welcome to Family Rights Group’s parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie, FRG’s online adviser. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties that you and your family are experiencing. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your post.

I think that you may still be in care proceedings as you are concerned about what will happen at the next court hearing. If so, then your children are probably under temporary (interim) care and supervision orders with a final decision not yet made.

The court was happy to leave your baby home with you under a (temporary) supervision order. It also sounds as if you are working very hard to address the concerns about alleged physical abuse of your daughter by her father, domestic violence (you have separated from your partner and have got legal protection from him) and you are engaging with family and parenting support. Your parenting assessment is now being done with you as a single parent as opposed to you as part of a couple. I hope that it is positive and reflects your strengths as a parent and willingness to address concerns as well as considering any difficulties. It is important that you keep up the progress that you have been making and check with your social worker and your solicitor if there is anything else recommended for you to do.

You haven’t asked any particular questions, but I guess your concern is about what decision the court will make. The best person to discuss this with is your solicitor as they have access to all the court documents and know your case best. You should discuss the outcome of your parenting assessment, when completed, with them too including how to respond to any issues it raises. You might find it helpful to look at how the court makes a decision and the type of orders it can make which you will find on pages 33 to 37 of this advice sheet on care proceedings.

If you would like to discuss your situation with an adviser please ring the freephone advice service on 0808 8010366; the lines are open between 9.30 am and 3.00 pm, Mon to Fri.

You might be interested in the following research:

Would you like to take part in a research interview about living with your child on a supervision order?
The interview is part of a major review in England and Wales of supervision orders used to support children living with their parents. It is being carried out by the ‘Public Law Working Group’ on behalf of the President of the Family Division (the most senior family judge). Very little is known about parents’ experiences of supervision orders. So researchers at Lancaster University have been asked to find out more. They want to know what works well or not so well, and what might need to change.

This poster has more information. And take a look at the Information leaflet for parents for further details about what taking part involves.

With best wishes

Suzie

Penguin87

Post by Penguin87 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:12 pm

I don't have a court date till late April.So I am still doing my parent assessment i still feel anxious as to what the outcome will be as the social worker has already given her verdict that the family members I put forward were not suitable to look after my oldest DD so the only outcomes I have left are long term foster care or me.I am doing my best to give them the best impression that I will be able to handle my oldest with my youngest.I even asked because I had nothing else to do with my family support worker if she continued her work with me when my DD is home as it will be a different environment than a contact centre.
So I wanted them to know i do think forward
And that I made mistakes in terms of allowing my ex to stay and didn't remove him sooner and that my girls won't be at risk with me.
Its hard because I feel like they talk in riddles and don't give straight answers

Theyve took my Dd to the hospital,dentist,hearing and eye tests I know they are routine but my daughter is perfect in terms of health and I don't know if they just look for fault because I've only ever had involvement with them in aug 2020.

As for my youngest DD she hasn't mentioned anything or asked any questions about her in the assessment they only ask if she's ok but when I asked about court as to whether it would be in person she said 'I've done loads of adoption cases face to face' its like shes trying to worry me and wind me up.CAFCASS are the only ones who have questioned why my baby was left and my oldest was taken and because my ex put a brick through my window shes questioned as to whether I kept her safe which I did I stayed upstairs with her and phoned 999

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:18 pm

Dear Penguin87,

Thank you for you further post. I will address each thing that you raise.
You say your family and friends who have been assessed, have all failed their assessments. It is possible for them to challenge the assessment and ask for an independent assessment. If any of them wanted to do this, they should call our advice line on 0808 801 0366 for advice.
As I said in my last post, children services have left your younger daughter at home under an interim supervision order, which means that they trust you are working well with them and that she is safe with you. It sounds like the focus is on you being able to manage your older daughter and you have family support worker helping you. It is good that you are being forward thinking. You could also ask the family support worker how she thinks about your progress and what else you could focus on, as she will be providing reports to the social worker.
In relation to the health checks that were completed in respect of your daughter, yes these are routine and children services must ensure all children who come into care have health checks.
You mention adoption. Has this been put in the paperwork as a possible plan? If it was something that was being considered, your solicitor would have highlighted it. But you can always check with your solicitor.
Kind regards,
Suzie

Penguin87

Post by Penguin87 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:19 pm

So to update.I went to court in May 2021 and it was concluded that my baby will stay with me and my oldest daughter will come home to me in Oct 2021 She lasted a month in the house before i punished her by removing her phone and she attacked me and her sister and threatened me with a knife.I had to report it and she has now been removed again but this time to a family member for 12 weeks until i can get get***** involved for support.
Where do i go from here?

(***Edited by Suzie to ensure confidentiality)

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:03 pm

Dear Penquin87

Thanks for your further post.

You must be very happy that the outcome of the last hearing was for your baby to remain with you and your older daughter to return later.

From your post, your daughter returned home but, unfortunately, this has not worked out very well as your daughter’s behaviour became concerning. She is now no longer with you and is with a family member whilst children’s services carry out an assessment.

You did not mention whether your daughter returned to your care under a court order or not.

The outcome of the assessment will inform what happens next for you and your daughter. For now, all you can do is work with children’s services as you have done previously. Hopefully, the assessment will identify the best support for your daughter.

Best wishes

Suzie

Penguin87

Post by Penguin87 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:56 pm

So from court in May 2021.My oldest daughter came home with a care order and my youngest with a 12m supervison order.
Her placement at my familys home has deterorated so SS have decided to take away my support and place her in perment forster care until she is 18.
My baby is still with my but her supervision order is up in May but they are dragging their feet to tell me if they will discharge the supervision order.
So im stuck in limbo once again
As im now concerned they are just finding fault to take my baby

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:23 pm

Dear Penguin87,

Thankyou for your further post.

I am sorry to hear that your eldest child’s placement with family members has broken down. You say that the plan is now for her to be in permanent foster care. It is positive to hear that your baby is still in your care, but I understand that you are anxious because children’s services have not told you yet whether they plan to apply for the supervision order to be discharged or perhaps extended.

As I advised previously, for now all you can do is continue to work as best as you can with children’s services as you have done so far. You mention that some support that you were receiving has been stopped by children’s services. Can you give me some more information about this? If you feel that there is additional support that you require then I would suggest that you put your request in writing to the social worker and their manager explaining how this support would help you to care safely for your child.

If children’s services do apply for the supervision order to be extended then although this may be disappointing for you, it is important that you continue to focus on the positive that your baby is still in your care, and that this means that children’s services feel that you are working well with them and that the baby is safe in your care. It may be that they feel that more time is needed before they can reduce their involvement further.

I hope that this is of some help. Please post back again if you have further questions.

Best wishes,
Suzie

Penguin87

Post by Penguin87 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:44 pm

So i was getting family support work from SS but i believed at the time i needed abit more than that as i have been arguing with CYPS for over 2 years to assess my oldest for her behaviour as i think a lot has to do with her sensory as she used to lash out at objects,me and her baby sister.SS didnt belive this and just put it down to her environment so when she came home as above she lashed out and i had to have her removed.I still asked for the support while she was away with family as this was a temp situation 😕 until i could manage her behaviours.They offered me Childrens NE. I accepted but they were just repetitive and not showing or telling me anything different so i told SS.The SW then told me i wasnt responding and they would discharge me from any help.I havent had anything in place since January.

SS were supposed to have a meeting 8-12 weeks prior to either extend or discharge my babys supervision order but shes saying i dont have to worry about that.Surely they have to follow protocol? Especially since they discharged me any help to support me and my girls?

I do apologies for constantly messaging but if im honest my mental health is deteriorating from this situation they have me upset so much and constant head battles.

I have spoken to an IRO about this and he told me to make a complaint that they have discharged me and have gave up on me (He isnt my IRO he was someone i cared for)