Help im new

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:33 pm

Help im new

Post by Troubledsoul » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:47 pm

Hi guys,
I’m not sure I’m even in the right Place but am
Looking for advice .
My partner was convicted of a sexual
Offence back in July last year and is currently serving a sentence in prison.
The actual
Offence took place before we met. He was told he could get on with his life by the solicitor at the time. Hence why he carried on with his life and we met each other . I found out about the offence several months after meeting him and chose to stand by him as I found out all the information and the ins and outs of what happened.
The assault
Was on a adult and someone he was seeing at the time. It took over 18months before he was charged and taken to court. He is now on the SOR for 5 years .
Is there anyone else on here who is in a similar situation ? How have you dealt with it ?

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Help im new

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:44 pm

Dear Troubledsoul,

Welcome to the Parent’s Forum. I am Suzie, FRG’s online adviser.
I can see that you are not sure whether you are in the right place. FRG give advice to families about children services procedures.
If you do not have children but need advice about sexual violence and whether you are at risk, then I suggest you contact Rape Crisis about this and his risk of re- offending. The Just Stop It Now helpline 0808 1000 900 also has useful information.

If you have children, children services are likely to be concerned about your involvement with your partner in case he is a sexual risk to children or in case he is sexually violent to you or domestically violent to you -which will impact your children. Before he comes out of prison, children services will be informed via a MAPPA (Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements) process and they will be in touch with you to carry out as assessment. You could find out more about him and whether he has other convictions via the Megan’s law scheme.
Please see on the Parents Protect website for more information.
If you need more information about children services, please look at our advice sheets 1 (introduction to children services) and 9 (child protection).
If you have any questions or need further advice, please post again or call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.
Kind regards,

Post Reply

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 318 on Fri May 28, 2021 9:04 pm