Plo/mother and baby unit/ new pregnancy.

Queen bee

Plo/mother and baby unit/ new pregnancy.

Post by Queen bee » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:33 pm

Hi I just need some advice please, my baby is 9.5 months old, due to come off PLO on the 20th January 2021, we are currently in a mother and baby unit but will be transitioning back to our property after we’ve done 12 weeks here as a family, we’ve done 5 weeks now. I’ve just found out I’m pregnant again today, a complete accident as the staff advised me to go on contraception and I got given the mini pill due to still breastfeeding but I have got caught again, it’s very early days but what will happen? Will I lose my baby? Will baby go on a CP plan or on PLO the same as my baby now? Or will it just be plain sailing? I’m scared and need advice please? Thanks.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Plo/mother and baby unit/ new pregnancy.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Dear Queen bee

Thank you for your post.

In response to your questions, it may not be ‘plain sailing’ but may not be as difficult as you may fear – i.e losing your children.

You have said that you are doing well in the family placement and are transitioning home, this is a positive situation and you should think of it as one. Children’s services will want to discuss your pregnancy with you but you may well be home by then and keeping up your good work.

Our advice sheet called Child protection procedures may be useful to you. It may be a good idea for you to ask your child’s social worker for the local policies about assessing families in your situation.

Best wishes

Suzie