Need help for my step daughter

CoffeenotTea

Need help for my step daughter

Post by CoffeenotTea » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi, i need some advice on what to do. My partner and i live together with our 21mth old son and we have had to go thorough so much to live together as my partner has a sopo. He has 2 children he sees from a previous relationship but is supervised by his parents but by me with our son. His daughter is 11 (nearly 12) and live with her mother, however she is having a really tough time. Her mum is mentally and emotionally abusing her. Nothing she does is ever good enough calls her all the names under the sun (to make her feel good about herself). She has welted and belted her a few times with the metal. Part of the hoover, hairbrush, hand and also grabs her by her ears and shakes her, this has been witnessed by her 10 year old brother who thinks this is acceptable and has decided he's allowed to do it. This is not an everyday occurrence (still not acceptable) she makes her do chores to earn food (school dinners) and clothes. My partner pays her £300 a month maintenance which is then spent on booze, make up and her brother. With careful reseach i have come to the conclusion she has NPD (narcissistic personality disorder). Where i need help is that because of my partners past (sopo) he cant just go get her out the situation, he's frightened she'll get taken into care if he informs Social Services. She knows that we are always available if she EVER needs us. We have a bond like a mother n daughter (which the ex hates). We want her to be safe and to come live with us but we need guidance on what to do and where to go. We have worked with Social Services so we can live as a family with our son so working with them is no problem. She has just openly said the other day she wants to live with us, what do we do?? (she knows social services were around when she was younger because of daddy.)

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Need help for my step daughter

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:51 pm

Dear CoffeenotTea,

I have responded to your original post.

Kind regards

Suzie