What do I need to do to have my kids back

TAA3001

What do I need to do to have my kids back

Post by TAA3001 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Good morning, I need your assistance. My kids were removed from me 2 weeks ago, it happened that I was washing and a call came in for me. Because the washing machine was on and the noise wouldn't allow me hear person calling me, I went into the bathroom which is an extension of the house. My kids were in the sitting room, unknown to me my 2nd daughter took my other phone and went outside with it to snap, her elder sister followed her to show her how to use the phone,unfortunately their brother 2yrs old closed the door at them. They were knocking but because I was at the bathroom and the washing machine was spinning I couldn't hear them knocking. When I finished calling, I went to check on them in the sitting room and I discovered that they were not in the house, their brother told me they re outside. When I opened the door I saw the coming out of my neighbour's house with toast on their hands. I was annoyed because this my neighbour we are not in good terms, we had in the past exchanged abusive words.  

I told my kids to go into the bathroom because I didnt want to beat them out of annoyance,my 2nd girl went to the bathroom but my 1st girl started screaming that she wasnt going, I told her to go outside then. An elderly woman living on my street came and asked me what happened, I explained to her and that my estranged neighbour came that my daughter crying outside can come and play with her daughter because they re in the same class, I objected and the elderly woman told me to let her go that I should trust her. As an African lady in order to show her respect I agreed, in like 2mins my neighbour came and said my 1st daughter told her she wanted her sis to come play with them, I didn't want her to go but the elderly woman was still with me and said I should allow her too that by the time they would return my temper would have come down. Little did I know that I had successfully played into their hands, the police were called and my neighbour came to me to tell me she would make sure my kids were removed from me and never would I have them again. My kids were taken from her house to the foster parent without my consent. Only my son was taken with my consent because he was with me that day.

The second day which was a Sunday,  I was arrested in church and put in the cell for 9hours, the police went to search my house while I was still in their custody,  I am still wondering why I was arrested and my house was searched without me. I was treated badly by the police. The allegations were my first daughter told them I beat them, that I am working and I leave them in the house. The allegations were not true, the emergency social worker told me she had cleared me and wanted my kids returned to me but the police told her they want to do achieving best evidence. 

The social worker got in touch with my GP and he told her I'm a good mother and I have not missed any appointment,  she called the education authority too and she was told my kids have 100% attendance.  

My solicitor told me I should wait till 20 August that the police gave me before he will know what to do and my kids are seeing the police again today 13 August for 2nd interview.  I am only allowed to see my kids 3 days in a week and 1hour each day. It is killing,  I am now on medication for depression, I am a single parent, my kids are only what I have got and my God..please I need your advice to know what to do before 20th August.  Thanks 

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: What do I need to do to have my kids back

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:18 pm

Dear TAA3001

I am sorry to hear that your children have been removed and by now you may have heard from the police as to whether they have enough evidence to corroborate your child’s allegations against you. Whether or not the matter is being taken further by the police you will still have to work with social workers

Firstly, I think it would be useful for you to let the professionals involved know exactly what you mean by ‘beating’ your children because that description suggests that ‘beating’ is something that happens ‘often’ in your household and/or something that happens when your child or children make you ‘annoyed’. Within the scope of criminal activities ‘beating’ is considered assault against the person and it would be difficult for you if you were found to have assaulted your child or children in this way. As parents we may ‘ reasonably chastise’ our children, Child Law Advice has some useful information on their site about the law on smacking which is the language that may describe what your refer to as ‘beating’.

Perhaps by now you will have heard from the police and may have had more contact with your children or they may be home. Please take a moment to review our advice sheets, Child protection procedures, Children looked after by Children’s Services under a voluntary arrangement and Duties on Children’s Services when children are in the care system.

If you would like to speak with one of our advisers, our telephone service is open Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3.00pm on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes

Suzie

Best wishes

Suzie