Can you trust Childrens Services

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Can you trust Childrens Services

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:09 am

Dear Frazor,

Thank you for your post - I want to say I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you have faced with children's services and the mistrust that you are experiencing.

Just a general reminder to all posters that every poster is sharing their own individual experience - this may vary significantly. We would always encourage parents to share any concerns they have with their social worker to try in order to work as effectively as they can with children's services.

Best wishes,

Suzie.

Frazor

Post by Frazor » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:07 am

From my experience of 6 years of fighting to keep my children i say no you cannot trust social services, when another one comes along in your heart you really want to trust them, but then a sneaky lie is written. It's not fair when we try to teach our children right from wrong, then these people who are people we should be able to trust, try to break you every single time. Over the years they have broke my heart and made me and my children have trust issues. Then claim that your not working with them. When you see first hand the corrupt system all we hope for every single time is that a sw eventually come along and be real. I have only ever one who was genuine and due to him realising we are loving kind people he was taken from our lives just like that. I know that that wasn't his choice then was no explanation as to why he had to leave to go to work with another group. Then what happened we were handed another sw that talks complete nonsense then back to square one. It's tiring it's unfair and needs to be recognised and hopefully there will be change...

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:43 pm

Dear Frazor

Thank you for your post and for sharing your views and experiences regarding your involvement with children’s services. It sounds like it has been a difficult and emotionally draining time for you and your children.

As stated in my previous post and, as a general reminder to all posters, we would encourage parents to share any concerns they have with the allocated social worker in the hope of finding a way to work together to ensure the children’s needs are met and that parents feel supported. Of course, we acknowledge that at times this can be hard and tricky to navigate. Trust is a key component which can be much more difficult to achieve when there have been many changes in social workers and other professionals. I have added a link HERE which hopefully you find helpful. It is our ‘top tips’ and guidance when working with social workers.

Best wishes, Suzie.