Something that i read on a news website about the 1st social worker involved and will it affect me?

MumWithADream

Something that i read on a news website about the 1st social worker involved and will it affect me?

Post by MumWithADream » Wed May 01, 2019 3:16 pm

Link attached
Hi all the ex social-worker mentioned in the article was the emergency social worker who turned up at the XXXXXXXXXXXXX 5 days after i had twins and removed them from my care. I am wondering if this affects me in any way regarding getting my children back. Surely,her whole caseload should be under scrutiny, would think so anyway. My twin girls are now 15 months old, have been in foster placement since having them. Recently an adoption match was made and last contact is 17/05/2019. Haven't got a solicitor,case shut after court. I have emailed social worker who said if i had any questions to ask her when i collect bus tokens for contact but time is running out.
Thanks all, any advice is appreciated.
Last edited by Suzie, FRG Adviser on Thu May 02, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderated to comply with board rules
Kind regards and remember u aren't alone,
R 🙏

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Something that i read on a news website about the 1st social worker involved and will it affect me?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 03, 2019 10:19 am

Dear 1stTimeMum2Twins,

Welcome to the Parent’s Forum and thank you for posting.

I understand that your girls are now subject to placement orders and that an adoptive match has been found with your last contact due to take place soon.

You have now read an article about a social worker who removed your girls from your care. The article discredits the social worker and questions her judgment and as a consequence she can no longer practice as a social worker.

You are understandably very worried about her involvement in removing your girls. Could she have been involved in any decisions? If so, do these fall well below the standard expected?

You are right to ask whether any cases she was involved should be scrutinised. The local authority may be considering this.

But you should not wait for the local authority.

Because of the law about placement orders, you need to seek urgent legal advice from your solicitors.

Show your solicitors a copy of the article and let them know that your girls might be moving to prospective adopters very soon.

Your solicitors will hopefully be able to advise whether this social worker played an important role in the decision making about your girls and whether it will make the judgment by the court unsafe.

I hope this advice helps. If you have any questions please post again or call our free and confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes,

Suzie