Page 1 of 1

Your feedback about Family Rights Group’s online advice service survey

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:51 am
by Administrator
This survey is about how helpful you have found Family Rights Group's (FRG) online advice service. The online advice service includes our advice sheets, frequently asked questions (FAQ) and answers and our discussion boards for parents and for family and friends carers.

If you have used any of these online services we would like you to complete this short survey:
Please give your views. Thank you.

Family Rights Group

Re: Your feedback about Family Rights Group’s online advice service survey 2019

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:28 pm
by SD90
Hi to anyone who can help or advise at all.
I met my current partner at Christmas time 2017.
While she was already pregnant.
But she was told with the child tgey would want child proceedings
And which they did they took her son away two days after birth.

But! Because I have a big heart and I'm a caring person.
I still stayied with my partner and helped her in the process along in contact
We had a parenting assesment and also PAMS assessment too.
They had told me that I had the ability to care for the child but my partner had learning problems and they used that against her.
So PAMS assessment was negative.
But in the bundle of paper work from PAMS assessment it did say i have the ability to care for her son.
Social worker and PAMS assessment lady came out to tell us of the PAMS assessment was negative.
And it's because they think I have the ability but partner doesent .
And said they would feel different if the baby was my own as they would think different.
Due to the fact if we spilt up etc?
What would happen to the child then with me and my support.

Anyway cut story bit short I my self have 6 children already with a previous ex partner and I see my children and love them to buts im a good Dad to them.

But with current partner now. She is pregnant with my child, and we are both in good health and worked well with all professionals.
It went to child protection conference then thought of courts to.
But I was told by PAMS assessment lady that the PAMS assessment was for the other child alone and not my own other children with ex partner or current partner now and now the social workers have said they want court to decide. But the fact the previous child was clearly not mine but trying to say our PAMS assessment was negative even though child was not mine but the one on the way is and it's all different we been working well together with professionals and been in a relationship now just over a year and half.
I really tbought things be different this time as been really working well with everybody.
I've even done mellow bumps with my partner and have a good report off her and off midwife too.
Also we had a reality doll and done well and did reach babys cues she needed.
We are still willing to work with all professionals.
And mellow bumps.
I see my 6 children all at the same time.
So my question is if I see my children and they want the courts to decide on my baby just because of PAMS assessment was negative and like i said previous the baby was not mine.
Babys guardian from the other baby said should be different this time as its your baby and they should put the trust in you while i my self to support partner along with professionals.
Alls they waiting on now for my baby to come along and for social workers to take her into care if courts agree with them.
Thought I'd have rights specially its all different now.
I see my other children and so this next baby is mine so where's my rights in all this .
Please can anyone advise at all.
I have been seen solicitor now but waiting...
Stressful time for us.

Re: Your feedback about Family Rights Group’s online advice service survey 2019

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:38 pm
by Suzie, FRG Adviser
Dear SD90

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum and thank you for your post.

I am sorry that it has taken some time for you to receive a response to your post.

From your post it is clear that you are very anxious about what will happen when your baby is born. You do not say whether proceedings are ongoing for your partner’s other child or if he or she was removed from her care. In any event, your partner is now expecting your baby and you wonder why the assessment which was carried out and found that you could care for the baby supporting the mother is not now good enough in respect of your baby.

As you will be the father of this baby, and, named on the birth certificate will have parental responsibility for your child, children’s services will treat you as a father and not merely support for the mother. You could ask to look after the baby yourself separately from the mother, although I do not think this would be what you would wish to do.

You say the guardian has told you that children’s services has to look at you and the current circumstances. It would seem that if you are considered suitable for your partner’s child and able to care that you would not be able to care for your own child. I do not think children’s services should rely on the assessment as negative but should assess you for your baby. You could ask for and independent assessment and your solicitor will advise you once the matter is in court.

I am including a link to our frequently asked questions this information is for parents.

Please also look at our frequently asked questions specifically for fathers.

You will be entitled to legal aid and legal representation as a father once the local authority issues care proceedings. It might be an idea for you start looking to find a solicitor who specialises in this kind of work. You have already spoken to a solicitor in your local area.
Please read our advice sheet relating to Care (and related) proceedings

If you would like to speak to an adviser you can telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

I hope this is helpful

Best wishes