Advise need about Social service and my children

Post Reply
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:06 pm

Advise need about Social service and my children

Post by Maiamoon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:24 am

Hi, I really need help with some information. I am married for 16 years, have 2 children 7and 5. Social service got involved with my family as my husband is been investigated for Ind. images. Social service my asked him to move out. I am now the main care for my children. Can I send my children to leave with grandparents overseas? Or with the guardians overseas? Don't want my children involved on the problem?
Any advise will be very helpful. thanks

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 3457
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Advise need about Social service and my children

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:12 pm

Dear Maiamoon,

Welcome to the Parents Board. I can see that you must be very shocked and no doubt upset and scared by the police investigating your husband for down loading indecent images and children services being involved with your children.

Your husband has been asked to leave the family home while the police carry out their investigation. This usually happens-until children services have a better idea of whether your husband could be risky to your children.
They will only know this after the police have completed their investigation and after your husband has been risk assessed.
If he was assessed as low risk and you were both cooperating with children services, then I would expect that he would be able to move back into the family home at some point in the future.
The police investigation includes forensically examining all the devices (computers, phones etc) and this can take many months.
This may mean you are left alone for a while to bring up your children which can be extremely difficult as well as being separated from your husband. Do you have any family or friend support here?
You could ask the social worker whether your husband can come to your home-when the children are at school. Or could you or a friend or family member be assessed to supervise your husband with your children?
This might make things a lot easier for you.

The Just stop it now! helpline on 0808 100 900 and the Parents Protect website
have information about these assessments and plans.

Can you send your children abroad?

Your question is whether you can send your children to live with family overseas? As you are married, both you and your husband will have the legal parental responsibility for your children. So both of you can make a decision about sending your children abroad.

Only if one of you disagreed, would a court order be needed. See the Rights of Women website.

However, because children’s services are carrying out an assessment, you should let them know, if you decide to send your children to live abroad.

In some circumstances, for example, where there is a child protection plan, you must let the social worker know. The social worker will then decide whether to carry out checks on where your children will be moving to and may inform the local authorities in the country where you relatives live.
Here is information about child protection.

But even if there are no child protection plans, children services are still involved and so will be worried if your children are no longer living with you.
It may raise much more serious worries, which may mean children’s services becoming more heavily involved. To avoid this, it is always better to let children services know your plans.

If you have any questions please do post back or you could call our free and confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes,

Post Reply

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 318 on Fri May 28, 2021 9:04 pm