has anyone got a child in family and friends care

hadenough

has anyone got a child in family and friends care

Post by hadenough » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:59 pm

my lil boy is with his grandparent i dont know how he is anymore dont speak to his carer its driving me mad is anyone else going thru the same

endofline

Re: has anyone got a child in family and friends care

Post by endofline » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:58 am

Yes i'm in the same situation as you. It's awful isn't it!

He is in temporary care with his paternal grandparents, was only ment to be for a weekend. Now its been 10 months.

His grandparents are making up lies to keep him and i really need an answer to my question which is...
There is no court order, so can i demand he comes back to me or that he goes into foster care to stop the lies?

If you want a chat about your situation just post a reply :)

carla150

Post by carla150 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:12 am

Hi
If there is no court order in place you can legally go and get your child, however, childrens services may get an EPO and the child will either go to foster carers, childrens home or remain with grandparents.
Hope this helps

Good luck

Carla

Mama R

Post by Mama R » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:55 pm

My daughter has been with my grandma (her grate gran) for 8yrs now on SG it has been a nightmare from day 1 I was cut out completely (ironic seeing as I was always the prodical child apple of everybodys eye) my son 16 weeks old now has been in a foster placement since birth until hearing in oct, the carer is fantastic, she listens to me, involves me as much as she's alowed to even asked my permission to buy him a coat, she's been very sportive whenever I've been with her. My family told lies & accussed me of harassing them (never did anything) & didn't even tell me when my daughter broke her arm at school. If there no order go get your children! If LA get involved you my stand a better chance with a foster, they have no agenda & won't make false claims xx good luck xx