Partner has aniexty.

twilight1107

Partner has aniexty.

Post by twilight1107 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:16 pm

Hi. I'm pregnant after having my children removed three years ago. Reason I could not have my son live with me cos whilst going through proceedings me and his dad broke up as we was not working which led to long term fc. The judge recognised our hard work and change and even had positive psychological assessments . She even stated that our our basic care skills are there which I find positive. I have been in a new relationship for two years now and is pregnant. My partner suffers from aniexty and has tablets for them and attends counselling. I know that social services will want to assess me and him. Will they order pyschiolocal assessments again on me when I had one last time which was positive and will the fact that my partner has aniexty have an effect on social services outcome?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Partner has aniexty.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:21 pm

Dear twilight1107

Thank you for your post.

Based on your previous involvement with Children’s Services they will want to do an assessment of your current situation and, I imagine, will ask for information about you and your partner’s mental health.

You say however that your partner is on medication and is seeing a counsellor – this may be viewed as a positive thing, it shows that he is aware of his mental health concerns (anxiety) and is actively seeking help and support for it.

For yourself, you have had therapy and if you can show that there are no current concerns about your mental health Children’s Services may not request an up to date psychological assessment. It may be wise to ask the social worker when they become involved how they will work with you so that you get an idea of what you need to do.

Best wishes

Suzie

twilight1107

Post by twilight1107 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:16 pm

Hi Suzie
Thank you for your time.
I didnt have the pyscholicl assessment for mental health tho but overall the updated one was positive.

I have great support network but he does not speak to his mother as he they dont agree on matters nothing to do with us tho. but sometimes he talks to his father. He has good close friends tho. Would that be ok or would ss put that down as a negative?

I need to be sure I'm doing the right thing.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:09 pm

Dear twilight1107

Thank you for your further post.

As part of any assessment, including a pre-birth assessment, the social worker will look at family and environmental factors, including relationships with and support from family and friends. It is good that you have a great support network. Your partner has a poor relationship with this mother – the social worker may want to explore this with him to understand why this is and whether this would impact on his parenting in any way. However, I don’t think you should worry too much about this, all families and family relationships are complex. Again it is good that he has strong friendships and is in touch with his father.

Try not to worry too much but be open and honest with the social worker and let them know what the positives are. They will need to work with you to assess whether you and your partner will be able to care for the baby when they are born and if you will need support to do so. If there are any concerns think about how you can both address them and get further advice.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Suzie

PerfectlySafeDad

Post by PerfectlySafeDad » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:24 pm

If they didn't have anxiety already, anybody is going to have after social services involvement. Not support, not safeguarding: Harassment, pure and simple.