DESPERATE

Feisty01

DESPERATE

Post by Feisty01 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:17 pm

I really need to talk to someone but was told by the new iro that I'm not allowed to only my solicitor I believe iv been treated unfairly by social services and it's going to cost me my two beautiful children

charmed1

Re: DESPERATE

Post by charmed1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:08 am

Hello Feisty1. We are all parents on here going through different stages of child protection/court proceedings. As long as you don't put personal details such as names and places on here you'll be ok. Talk away we are all listening. I'll help if I can :)_

heartbrokenfather

Post by heartbrokenfather » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:31 am

Feisty01: I think before anyone here goes into details, We just need to clear some up some details, as I am sure that the others will ask the same line of questions.

If your post you say the it was the IRO that you are not permitted to talk to anyone about your case, Was this verbally or in writing?

If this is not in writing then it is not enforceable, but I would still highly advice talking to your solicitor about it.

If it is in writing then I am unsure if the document would be legal, as my understanding is that only a court order is enforceable, But once again I would highly advice talking to your solicitor about it.

I would also say that if the IRO has said this to you, that the IRO is in breach of your Human Rights.

Best Regards.

Feisty01

Post by Feisty01 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:32 pm

Thank you so much two u both no it wasn't in writing and I'm afraid my solicitor isn't much help I'm afraid,
Long story short my children were put in to care,in 4short months idid everything asked of me by socialworker the judge gave me. My. Children bk on a care order he told me that I'd exceeded his and my social workers expectations iwas told any problems to keep being honest and open. New years eve 2013 told a on duty social worker that the stuff we had learned in triple p were no longer working with my life boy and that at sum point we cud do with sum advice on trying different techniques,because up until 3wks prior to new yes eve he has been hurting my baby wen he cudnt get his own way,slamming the safety gate on her and smacking her at times, the on duty spoke to symbols on the fine and told me they were taking him and putting him in temporary foster care and said they would work closely with us to help sort it out as soon as a graded care profile had been done.The social worker purposely dragged it out and then after spending 4/5hrs at the most with us decided it was for the best he stay in long term fostercare,then a few months bk my now ex partner assaulted me I kicked him out the same days my baby saw it,I got the police involved and pressed charges and I signed an agreement that socialservices wrote out saying I would not get bk with him unless I spoke. To. Them first so I signed it,a few was later the daybefore mothers day they came and took her away and now they are on about placement order iv nothing left to live for if I lose them both altogether,no worries iv found out the manager that was involved wen they were taken in to care last time is the same one that is involved now..

Feisty01

Post by Feisty01 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:44 pm

Forgot to say the on duty social worker said they were taking him was so nobody wud be held accountable if he seriously hurt the baby because if they did nothing and she was hurt they wud be in trouble for doing nothing.

Feisty01

Post by Feisty01 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:03 pm

WELL THATS IT THEN IV JUST GOT LETTER TELLING ME IV BIN REFUSED LEGAL AID CANT BELIEVE IM GUNA LOSE MY PRECIOUS BABIES FOR GUD,LIL LAD KEEPS TELLING THEM ALL HE LIKES WERE HE IS BUT STILL WANTS TO CUM HOME,GOTA PRAY NOW THAT THEY DECIDE TO GO FOR A PLACEMENT PLAN AT LEAST THEN A JUDGE WILL LISTEN TO ME

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:38 am

Dear Feisty01

I am sorry to hear about the distressing circumstances that you face at the moment.
I understand that your children were placed under a full care order (giving the children services parental responsibility) but the original plan was for them to come home to live with you. This is unusual and shows how much work you must have done to address concerns. The Judge and children services were impressed with the effort you had put in-it had exceeded their expectations.
Unfortunately, over New Year, your son’s behaviour towards your baby was putting her at risk of suffering quite serious harm and you did the correct thing by calling children services for support. Your son was put into foster care. The plan now is for your son to move to long term foster care.
Have a look at our advice sheet about Duties to children in the care system and contact with children in care.

Further, your exe was violent to you in front of your baby putting her at further serious risk of suffering significant harm.

Again, you did the right thing by calling the police and pressing charges against him. You signed an agreement to say that you would not get back in a relationship with him. I am assuming that you are still sticking to the agreement?
Because of the risks that domestic violence causes children, it is likely that children’s services thought the situation was just too dangerous for your daughter. She had been placed at risk (through no fault of your own) on two separate occasions. Is this the reason did children services give?
Children services will be going back to court to ask that a placement order is made so that your daughter can be placed for adoption.

What can you do?
You need to know what might have gone wrong so that any problems can be addressed?
Are children services worried that you had not done enough to maintain a safe environment for your children? Ask your solicitor what you can do to change this.
Can you check the court judgement? It should set out what the worries were and why the threshold of significant harm was met. The children’s guardian report will also identify any problems which you may be able to start addressing.

To discharge the care order in respect of both of your children, you would have to show that there has been a “substantial change in circumstances” since the care order has been made and that it is in the welfare of your children.

What further can you do to address any issue in the judgement?
You could speak to Women’s Aid about what resources are available in your area to help you avoid further abusive partners, counselling that you could access. You mention the triple P course. Can you attend another parenting course? What else does the judgment mention?

Was there any suitable family or friends
(connected persons) available to care for your daughter? Were they approached and assessed by children services? Did a Family Group Conference take place? Adoption should be a last resort.

I have only touched on some points. Please post back or to discuss in depth, you could always call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.
Best wishes,
Suzie

Feisty01

Post by Feisty01 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Thanx suzie do you work on the advice line?