Please help. Are ss above the law?

Forever Failure

Please help. Are ss above the law?

Post by Forever Failure » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am

Hi. After nearly year of fighting to get my daughter back, I am ready to give up.
Ss took her in to care, after going through courts. Ss told blatant lies, but were believed. One example is my son stabbed my daughter. What actually happened was he helped her open a parcel.
Another example is my son helped my daughter calm down from a meltdown. Therefore I ignore every meltdown and leave parenting to my son...
The court sided with ss, despite the guardian giving evidence she was happy at home.
Ss claim 5o be above the court ruling for contact. Court ruled at least weekly and to be increased.
This has not happened.
There is so much more they have done, but I don't want to put too much 9n a public forum.

I have been on the law society website a lot, trying to find a solicitor who will help. Nobody is interested. They all say go to the law society.

Things have now got to the stage where I will be contacting the new guardian to make sure both my kids get the maximum compensation they can when I am no longer here.

I dont use a phone for medical reasons.

Thank you, if you have read this far!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Please help. Are ss above the law?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:32 pm

Dear Forever Failure

Thank you for your post. My name is Suzie, I am an online adviser and will be replying to your post today.

I am sorry to hear of your distress. I hope the information below is helpful to you.

You are working hard to get your daughter back into your care following care proceedings. You are unhappy with children’s services and believe they did not contextualise their concerns. You also have concerns regarding the level of contact you have with your children. You are trying to seek a solicitor to help you with this. You have accessed find a solicitor facility on The Law Society website but say no one is willing to help you. You say you will be contacting the new guardian to make sure you children receive compensation when you are ‘no longer here.’

It is not clear from your post what you mean by being ‘no longer here.’ If you are struggling with your mental health and need some support, I would suggest you seek this from your G.P. or mental health services in your local area (or any that you may already be linked to). I have added the details HERE of the Samaritans. This is their freephone number 116 123. They offer a safe place for you to talk any time you like, in your own way – about whatever’s getting to you.

You say there is a ‘court ruling’ that contact should be weekly. Is there a Child Arrangement Order in place stating this? If not, then it sounds like you are speaking about a recommendation from court rather than a legally binding order. Once care proceedings have concluded and the decision has been made for children to remain living long term outside of the family home it would be unusual for weekly contact to be agreed. What usually happens is that there is a planned reduction of contact depending on the child’s needs. For example, it might be agreed that contact is reduced to once a month or six times a year (supervised or unsupervised). I would suggest you go back to children’s services to ask for a contact agreement meeting to discuss the contact plan and arrangements going forward.

You do not say whether the children are placed in foster care or in kinship care. If they are placed in foster care, whether kinship or unrelated, they will be ‘looked after’ and have Review Meetings , chaired by an (IRO) independent reviewing officer This person’s role is to ensure the child’s care plan meets their needs and this includes contact.

I have added some further information HERE which I hope you find helpful. If your child is looked after, then it would be a good idea to include the IRO into any correspondence with the social worker.

I would suggest you go back to the solicitor who represented you within the care proceedings to find out whether they have any further advice regarding your dissatisfaction with the care proceedings and social workers reports. They will have all the information before them to advise you in this respect.

I hope you find this information useful.  Please do repost if you wish to.
Best wishes, Suzie