I'm having a baby with a sex offender

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: I'm having a baby with a sex offender

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:28 pm

Dear Need help 2021

I think that may or could be the case but it might be advisable for your to contact the charity Unlock and ask them about this – here are their contact details.

Lucy Faithfull has some information on the subject too, it is here.

Best wishes

Suzie

Bakerdozen1!2

Post by Bakerdozen1!2 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:33 am

Hi, I’m in the same boat.
My partner as been accused of touching a woman’s privates with a broom.
Now this is where it gets tricky.
All witnesses there said he didn’t but because of a previous accusation where his ex had accused him of assault, it has to go to trial. And the worse case scenario is he’s put on the register.
I am currently 6 months pregnant and I’m really scared that SC are going to either take my baby off me or make me leave my partner.
They have no evidence on what happened. It’s a he said she said situation.
But I want to plan for the worst. I’m so scared my child will be taken off me.
Any advice would be lush. Thank you

Millq209

Post by Millq209 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:56 pm

Can anybody offer advice! I’m having a relationship with someone who is on the sex offenders register but I have a 3 year old child with a previous partner. Has anybody been through the social services risk assessment and know what it will entail? And will social inform my child’s dad or can it be kept from him

Toughlife

Post by Toughlife » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:23 pm

Hi there
I am in the sex offenders register since last year. Social services did their assessments and they have closed the file. I am allowed unsupervised access to my kids and I take them everywhere on my own. I wish you all the best.

Millq209

Post by Millq209 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:54 am

Toughlife wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:23 pm Hi there
I am in the sex offenders register since last year. Social services did their assessments and they have closed the file. I am allowed unsupervised access to my kids and I take them everywhere on my own. I wish you all the best.
Thank you! What did the assessment entail if you don’t mind me asking?

Toughlife

Post by Toughlife » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:17 pm

The social worker visited our home twice, visited the kids school twice and asked my kids questions on how we live as a family. One phone call conversation with the social services. The social services inquired about me from my probation officer and the police offender manager. The probation officer is the one who asked the social services to let me have my kids unsupervised.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:50 am

Millq209 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:56 pm Can anybody offer advice! I’m having a relationship with someone who is on the sex offenders register but I have a 3 year old child with a previous partner. Has anybody been through the social services risk assessment and know what it will entail? And will social inform my child’s dad or can it be kept from him
Dear Millq209

Thanks for your post. I have replied to this query in your post on the ‘Access to children on the register’ thread.

Best wishes

Suzie

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:32 pm

Bakerdozen1!2 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:33 am Hi, I’m in the same boat.
My partner as been accused of touching a woman’s privates with a broom.
Now this is where it gets tricky.
All witnesses there said he didn’t but because of a previous accusation where his ex had accused him of assault, it has to go to trial. And the worse case scenario is he’s put on the register.
I am currently 6 months pregnant and I’m really scared that SC are going to either take my baby off me or make me leave my partner.
They have no evidence on what happened. It’s a he said she said situation.
But I want to plan for the worst. I’m so scared my child will be taken off me.
Any advice would be lush. Thank you

Dear Bakerdozen1!2

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties your family is currently experiencing. You are very worried that your baby will be removed or you will be forced to separate from your partner as he is due to go to court because of allegations that he sexually assaulted an adult woman. If convicted, he may be made subject to police notification requirements (known as the sex offenders register). His alleged offence is against an adult not a child.

Have children’s services been in touch with you? If they wanted to assess at this stage it would be a pre-birth assessment which you can find out more about here.

You mentioned that your partner has previously been alleged to have assaulted his ex-partner. Domestic violence is a major concern for children’s services due to the harm it can cause to children and pregnancy can be a risky time. So if children’s services are assessing they may wish to clarify with you if you experienced any domestic violence from him.

You can find out more about (child) sexual abuse here and domestic abuse here.

You are very worried that the worst outcome will happen. However, children’s services work by assessing situations and can only remove children from their parents where they are at significant risk of harm and removal is the only way to safeguard them. This FAQ sets out the only circumstances in which a social worker can remove a child i.e. with the consent of a parent with parental responsibility, with a court order or by asking the police (and police agreeing) to take a child into police protection .

You may find it more useful to look at our advice pages to see how children’s services work with families. If they become involved in your life, be prepared to work with them; these tips may help.

If children’s services assess that your partner poses a risk of harm to you or your baby then he may be asked to live elsewhere or you may be encouraged to separate. You can ring to speak to an adviser (Freephone 0808 8010366, Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm) or post again for more advice if this is recommended or if you have any specific queries about children’s services’ involvement.

In the meantime, the most important thing is that you look after your own wellbeing and your baby’s.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Suzie

Adviceneeded2602

Post by Adviceneeded2602 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:39 pm

Has anyone had a baby with a register sex offender and been aloud to live life as a family?

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:46 pm

Hi I just saw your post normally a risk Assessment needs to be done to see the level of risk in my case I have to wait till my son is 7 to have unsupervised contact then we can stay if we wanted two .