Section 47 issues

BSdad

Re: Section 47 issues

Post by BSdad » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:46 am

I sadly think im at the end of my fight, im sorry but ive just run out of steam - I have done my best to highlight to the higher management of child services about the impact of negative actions of their staff - only to be dismissed and left unheard. I never want anyone to experience what I have been through over the past 9 months. I can only hope that my final actions serve to share and expose these issues. Please dont see this as me giving up, if anyone feels the same or experiences negatives - please do fight, prove them wrong, ive done it - im only sad that they wouldnt or couldnt repair the damage they had caused. keep fighting, stay strong, good night.

BSdad

Post by BSdad » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:48 am

Sadly this is not the positive update i was hoping to be posting -
The ombudsmans initial 8 week time frame for allocation of case investigator has elapsed and sadly they are still dealing with a back log of cases.......
Since my last post, I suffered some personal Ill mental health issues, resulting in a further social services referal - thankfully I have been found safe and no risk, the referal did allow for my own issues regarding my fellow co parent to be looked into, although pretty much brushed over and yet again dismissed, with further accusations of fault made against me...... A year later from thre start of the initial case, and ive come full circle to yet again make more complaints regarding my treatment by childrens services, lets hope this time I finally get some positive outcome....

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:20 pm

Dear BSdad

Welcome back to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post.

I can see that you are still waiting for your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman to be allocated to a caseworker and that there is a backlog of cases. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you. However, I am sure they will allocate and respond to you as soon as they can. The LGO is an independent and impartial body with significant powers to investigate which is what you require.

I am sorry to hear that you have had some mental health difficulties which led to a further referral to children’s services. It is good that the social worker concluded that you did not pose a risk. You are dissatisfied with their response to the issues you raised, however, and are again having to make a complaint. I hope that the situation moves forward.

You may find these useful links to mental health support services helpful.

With best wishes

Suzie

BSdad

Post by BSdad » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:17 am

Finally we have some movement - LGSCO investigator made contact, has already approached local council with requests for answers, documents etc - thankfully with an already negative stance on the admitted wrong doings by the council - stating that the apologies given are not enough to counter the poor treatment I had received.
Hopefully I can post a final update to this saga in the next few weeks.
I must say, I am glad that I took this course of action and stuck by my guns - help and support is available and Im happy in the knowledge that my voice has been heard, and that the "professionals" involved have accountability when they have wronged people.

BSdad

Post by BSdad » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:48 am

I do have an update with the Ombudsman decision - I can further elaborate when decision is past the draft stage - Currently is positive for me but damning for local social services.

BSdad

Post by BSdad » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:29 am

Final Decision is in - ombudsman identified the following failings -

1- The Council unfairly excluded me from the child protection process and did not ascertain my views to inform decision making.
2 - Key reports & documents produced by social workers were not shared with me in a timely & reliable manner.
3 - The council failed to prepare me for the ICPC so i could provide a sufficient contribution, contrary to statutory guidance.
4 - The council unjustifiably identified me as a person who misuses alcohol and failed to consider my views in this respect.
5 - The council inappropriately referred to my historical and spent conviction in supporting a view for alcohol misuse.
6 - The councils judgement about the level of risk I presented to my child was based on procedural failings.

Although this can never take back the situation over the past 15 months, it does in some small way help to fix the wrongs, along with further apology, ammended reports and compensation - the 9 page decision help.
I do urge anyone with similar experiences to not give up, state your point and fight back - you can win.

The information will now bw passed to my local MP, A complaint on the individual Social worker has now been lodged with Social Work England due to breaches of the code of Conduct & Ethics and consideration for further civil proceedings against the Council is now taking place.

BSdad

Post by BSdad » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:52 pm

Probably & hopefully last update - Following the Ombudsman decision, the council via social services failed to adhere fully to the decision - this has now led to -
1 - Civil law case against council - I will never regain nor replace the months of hardship and mistreatmeant by the local child service, I just hope that I can in someway, stop this happening to anyone else.
2 - Social work england, investigation into lead social worker for "fitness to practice" though, she nolonger is under the employ ofthe council.....
3 - A seperate ICO investigation is underway as the council, again due to the child services team took 77 days, way above 20-40 as per staturory guidance stated, to further furnish me with copies of the previous child services interactions..... It actually took intervention from the local MP to once again push things forward.......

All in all, i want to share my story to show - that you can beat the system, it isnt alwaqys correct, and the Fathers arent always the bad guys.....

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:54 am

Dear BSdad,

Thank you for providing us with this update - I know it has been a long and frustrating process for you, and I am pleased to hear that you have received this outcome from the Ombudsman.

I wish you all the best,

Suzie.