Rant post

Terrifiedparent

Rant post

Post by Terrifiedparent » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:22 pm

Hi all, as some of you may know I'm currently going through hell as my partner was arrested for iioc. We are still waiting results from the police and awaiting CS to make their decision too.

Anyway this post is mainly just for me to rant, it's fathers day my child is asking for daddy, why can't we see him, I've made him a card at school and want to give it to him etc.
I'm having to deal with these questions daily, aswell as the tears and tantrums because they don't know the real reason they can't see daddy. All this, plus dealing with my own emotions and thoughts, usual daily tasks, school run/cleaning/cooking etc.
Meanwhile he's sitting on his backside at a family members house being waited on hand and foot and looking at holidays for 1!!
I'm just so angry, he's the one thay has ripped my family apart and he's sitting there like normal expecting everything to be fine this end. Why should he get the easy side of it? Yes he's missing our child but it's his own fault for doing what he did, I've done nothing wrong and neither has our child so why do we have to suffer!!!

WhiteOrchid

Re: Rant post

Post by WhiteOrchid » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:20 pm

Hi TerrfiedParent,

I'm sorry to read that you had a tough day yesterday but hopefully you and your children are feeling a little better today. Do you have any support around you? I can only imagine how difficult it must be to deal with becoming a single parent through no choice of your own.

As for dealing with your child - I am not sure if them not knowing is your choice or their own (I cannot remember how old they are sorry) but there are lots of resources on the socialworkerstoolbox.com that can help children understand why parents have separated, body safety and emotions so hopefully this will help.

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:23 pm

Hi I can’t believe after readying your post that your husband is look for holidays to go we’re and with who and while he is under investigation can he actually travel what is bloody crazy is that you are haveing to pick up the **** and dealing with the kids it’s bloody crazy have you heard anything from socail service at all ?

Terrifiedparent

Post by Terrifiedparent » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:37 pm

Thank you WhiteOrchid I will take a look. Its my choice for my child not to know as they are far too young.

Needhelp, I'm fuming. He's just on about booking a hotel somewhere for a week, he's allowed to go where he wants as long as he comes back for bail etc.