Stage 3

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 26, 2022 7:35 am

Stage 3

Post by WeepingWillow » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:16 am

My ex who is a known abuser, has been investigated by the police and has a permanent note on his police file. He misled the council indicating that I made up my daughter's illnesses the council admitted to not having examined my daughter's medical history and proceeded in facilitating my ex abuse of my daughter through court ordered contact.
The authorities did not stop the known abuse and stalking although it was acknowledged in various MARACs.
I took the case to Ombudsman in the final report states the council has caused injustice to myself, reprimanded the council, indicated gross misconduct and outlines deliberate attempts to subvert the complaint system.
The council now trying to coerce me into dropping the complaint; while the council and other authorities are victimising my family for complaining.
I am determined that I will not drop the case, and considering a judicial review.
I would appreciate some advice and assistance.

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 3532
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Stage 3

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:58 pm

Dear Weeping Willow

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie and I am Family Rights Group’s online adviser. I am sorry to hear of your difficult circumstances and that you have experienced domestic abuse.

You describe how your ex-partner maliciously alleged that you fabricated your daughter’s illness. You complained to both children’s services and the Local Government Ombudsman about how your case was dealt with and state that the LGO has upheld some or all of your complaint. You are concerned that you are being coerced to end your complaint and that your family is being targeted due to your complaint. You are now considering applying for a judicial review.

As judicial review is such a complex and specialist area of law you would need to get advice from a solicitor who is qualified in this field. Our advice sheet 5 a) provides some introductory guidance on what to consider before this ‘last resort’ option, clarifies the timescale involved and explains the process briefly. However, it is not a substitute for advice from a specialist solicitor.

As your situation is complicated and is ongoing have you sought advice from or involved your MP or councillor? You can find out more about how to do this here.

You mention court-ordered contact between your daughter and her father and how this process has been abusive. Child Law Advice or Rights of Women may be able to give you further advice about these arrangements.

I hope that you are able to find some resolution and that your family’s situation improves soon.

Best wishes


Post Reply

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 318 on Fri May 28, 2021 9:04 pm