ICO/SUPERVISION ORDER

L2021

ICO/SUPERVISION ORDER

Post by L2021 » Sat May 07, 2022 7:09 pm

if you've seen my 2 previous posts I lost my children in May 2021 to an ICO due to DV and NAI to my eldest . October of 2021 a 12 weeks extension was granted and my parenting assessment was tentative . March 2022 another 12 weeks extension was granted as I had work outstanding. I have just completed my addendum parenting assessment social worker has said it is positive she is recommended rehab back home and proposing a supervisor order . However I object the supervision order as my children I feel are no longer at risk of harm. The court guardian has advised me once my assessment is filled to court I am allowed to request an earlier hearing then our proposed hearing June 16th . If I could get some advice on the supervision order and in regards to me requesting an early hearing that would be amazing and I'd just like to say to other parents going through this DONT GIVE UP it gets easier I promise ! Thank you .

Need help 2021

Re: ICO/SUPERVISION ORDER

Post by Need help 2021 » Sat May 07, 2022 7:31 pm

Hey I wanted some advice Wht was your case about I wanted some advice .

L2021

Post by L2021 » Sat May 07, 2022 7:38 pm

What do you mean sorry ? Children were removed from my care due to domestic violence/abuse and numerous none accidentally injuries to my eldest Child.

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Sat May 07, 2022 7:39 pm

Did you and your partner have to split up basically my husband is in the sex offder register of 10 years but socail are doing a find fact hearing which is in two weeks time to deside if he has interest in kids or not this case has been going on smote then a year .

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Sat May 07, 2022 7:40 pm

Your case is driffent to mine have you got your kids back yet

L2021

Post by L2021 » Sat May 07, 2022 8:21 pm

I left my now ex husband due to the abuse and if I did stay with him I wouldn't be in the position of my children being allowed to return home . I left of my own accord .

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 13, 2022 2:55 pm

L2021 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:09 pm if you've seen my 2 previous posts I lost my children in May 2021 to an ICO due to DV and NAI to my eldest . October of 2021 a 12 weeks extension was granted and my parenting assessment was tentative . March 2022 another 12 weeks extension was granted as I had work outstanding. I have just completed my addendum parenting assessment social worker has said it is positive she is recommended rehab back home and proposing a supervisor order . However I object the supervision order as my children I feel are no longer at risk of harm. The court guardian has advised me once my assessment is filled to court I am allowed to request an earlier hearing then our proposed hearing June 16th . If I could get some advice on the supervision order and in regards to me requesting an early hearing that would be amazing and I'd just like to say to other parents going through this DONT GIVE UP it gets easier I promise ! Thank you .
Dear L2021

Welcome back to the parents’ forum and thank you for your post. I am very pleased to hear that you have continued to work really hard to make and maintain changes to your life, including separating from an abusive partner, in order to show that you can care for your children safely. Thank you for your words of encouragement to other parents too which I am sure are much appreciated.

Now that you have successfully completed an addendum to your parenting assessment, children’s services agree that plans should be made for your children to return home to our care. This is really good news. However the social worker is asking the court to make a supervision order . You are unhappy with this as you think it is not necessary. You are also querying asking for an earlier court date than 16 June.

As you are probably aware, a supervision order would not give children’s services parental responsibility for your children but would mean that they have to remain involved, usually for a year. Your children would continue to have a social worker.

However, before making a supervision order the threshold criteria must be met. If they are, the court will consider if the harm or risk of harm is likely to happen again and what you have done to make changes. If the court decides to make an order, having regard to the welfare checklist, then the order must be the minimum needed to protect your children.

It is important that you get specific advice from your solicitor about this; they are best placed to do so. You can also ask your solicitor about whether or not to seek an earlier hearing, as suggested by the Guardian.

The information here about care proceedings may be helpful too.

If a supervision order is made then there needs to be a clear framework about how children’s services will work with you, a clear support plan drawn up, specific to your family’s needs, to set out how you will be supported to care for your children and how/when this will be reviewed. You can ask your social worker and your solicitor about this too.

I hope this helps and that everything works out. Please do post back with an update or any further queries.

Best wishes

Suzie