Child in need plan.

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:01 pm

Child in need plan.

Post by Anon2022 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:09 pm


I am currently in a relationship that has come under the assessment of children's services owing to allegations made during my previous relationship.

Brief history.
1. family member accused me of a sexual assault.
2. police investigation proceeds.
3. children's services become involved and prevent me seeing my children whilst their assessment takes place.
4. children's service conclude assessment allowing for supervised direct contact with my children for as long as I remain out of the family home.
5. police investigation concludes with NFA owing to inconsistent account of the witness and no evidence.
6. I make a Child Arrangements Order application to improve the contact with my children.
7. Children's mother and I divorce.
8. New relationship starts with current partner. Current partner has known me for over 6 years and is fully aware of history.
8. Fact finding sought.
9. Judge rules that allegations are found proven.
10. Application to appeal.
11. Cafcass inform children's services of judgement.
12. Children's services speak to my current partner, asking if they are aware of allegations and that they will need to do an assessment.
13. Partner has agreed to not allow any direct or indirect contact with her own children whilst assessment takes place.

We are trying to work with children's services to find a solution to moving forward, but the general feel is that they want us to terminate our relationship of 1 year. They have threatened my partner with disclosing details of allegations, including judgements from the CAO, with my current partner's children's father. I know I have not done anything wrong, and am willing to challenge any allegations with fact, but in terms of my current relationship, was is the advice with dealing with children's services. What capacity have they to disclose any information that is currently under confidentiality orders of the family court, and in relation to the right to anonymity for the people involved with the allegation. How do I move forward?

Kind Regards

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 3462
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Child in need plan.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 06, 2022 11:40 am

Dear Anon 2022

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie and I am Family Rights Group’s online adviser. I am sorry that there has been a delay in responding to your post.

Children’s Services are currently involved with your new partner’s children. This is because there has been a Fact Finding hearing in relation to your application for a Child Arrangements Order for your own children. The judge found that allegations that you sexually assaulted a family member are proven. Is the family member a child? You continue to deny the allegations made against you and have made an application to appeal the finding. You don’t say whether you have a solicitor representing you or whether you are a litigant in person. If you don’t have a solicitor you can seek legal advice about your private law case from Child Law Advice.

Children’s Services are now assessing the needs of your partner’s children and have recommended that she does not allow you to have any contact with the children while they are assessing. She is acting responsibly by complying with this. In terms of working with children’s services, the concerns are about you and they are looking to your partner, as the children’s mother and a parent with parental responsibility, to be protective. As the court has found the sexual assault allegations against you to be true they are worried that your partner’s children may at risk of sexual abuse. You and your partner may find the explanation here helpful.

You can find out more about how children’s services work and the different possible outcomes here.

These tips on working with social workers advise how to work with social workers. It is very important that you and your partner work cooperatively with children’s services in order to show that she can care for her children safely and that she understands and can address any potential risks to them.

When they are doing an assessment, children’s services should involve both parents and so have discussed with your partner informing her children’s father about the court’s decision that the allegations of sexual assault were true. He also has a role in ensuring that his children are safe and well cared for.

You are querying what information children’s services can legitimately share, as it relates to a confidential family court case. If you have a solicitor you should seek their advice about this issue in connection with your/your children’s family court case. Any information that children’s services propose to share should be limited to what is necessary and proportionate to safeguard the children involved – and must comply with court rules about confidentiality. I suggest that you:

• Write to children’s services to let them know your concerns about confidentiality and to ask that they confirm to you, in writing, what information they plan to release, and why. Ask them to confirm the legal basis for this.
• If information is to be shared without your agreements, then this decision should be made by a manager and confirmed to you in writing. They may consult with their legal services about this.

You and your partner may find the Stop it Now and Parents Protect websites and confidential helplines to be helpful.

I hope this is useful. If you have any further queries about the social work assessment or plan as it progresses please post back or call our freephone advice line on 0808 801 0366, Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm.

Best wishes


Post Reply

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 318 on Fri May 28, 2021 9:04 pm