Social services

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:47 am

Social services

Post by Xhixo » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:42 pm

Social servjces have become involved because of a domestic i reported to police and made statement against my partner they were involved before but nothing to do with him they had closed the case last week but because of this are back involved i dont want him to go to prison this his 1st offense because of our two boys we have together but i have made it very clear to police and social i do not want a relationship with him what happens now with social?

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 3532
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Social services

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:43 pm

Deas Xhixo

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie and I am Family Rights Group’s online adviser. I am sorry to hear that you experienced domestic violence from your ex-partner, from whom you have now separated.

You have explained that your family’s involvement with children’s services had recently ended but has been re-opened following the incident where you had to contact the police due to your now ex-partner’s behaviour. You behaved protectively by calling the police when you or your children were harmed or threatened. You can find out more here about why children’s services become involved where there is domestic violence in a family.

I can understand that you don’t want your sons’ father to go to prison. Unfortunately, we cannot advise about the criminal justice process or whether this is likely to happen or not.

How children’s services’ respond now will be influenced by the circumstances of the domestic violence incident, the impact on the children and the reasons they were involved until recently. Whatever the reasons for their involvement in the past it seems that they had been addressed as the case closed. The social worker should inform you about what they plan to do and why. The fact that you have decided not to remain in a relationship with your sons’ father is also significant and will be factored into any assessment.

Perhaps the best thing to do is to contact the social worker directly to update them and to ask them to give you some feedback. Consideration will need to be given to any future (safe) contact between your children and their father and this will be included in any re-assessment of the boys’ needs. There can be different outcomes to children’s services involvement as explained here.You have been able to work with a social worker in the past but these tips on working with a social worker may still be useful.

Do you have any domestic violence support for yourself/ your boys? The organisations listed here may be able to help.

Please post back if you have a further query once you have heard from children’s services or phone our freephone advice helpline on 0808 8010366, Mon to Fri (except bank holidays), from 9.30 am to 3.00 pm.

Best wishes


Post Reply

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 318 on Fri May 28, 2021 9:04 pm