Relationship advice

Lovelylady

Relationship advice

Post by Lovelylady » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:41 pm

Hi i’m new to this but need some advice.
So i have been with my current partner a while now he is in prison at the moment on recall due to being late past his curfew, the original reason he was in was for a democratic incident with his ex partner it only happened with her once. i have a child (not his he’s never met him ) and wanted to know what the situation is going to be when he comes out. since being in prison he’s done his courses etc me and him have never really argued or anything so when he comes out are social services going to be involved ?? will they come and make me leave him ?? because of his past ? i’m so worried

Need help 2021

Re: Relationship advice

Post by Need help 2021 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:11 am

Hi as far as I think when he comes out the socail services will be involved they would want to do a risk assessment to see if the kids are safe until they do the assessment he would have to live some were else and they would want to see if you can protect you kid if you are takeing your partner side they will say you not being a protective factor and that’s what you don’t want .

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Relationship advice

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:35 pm

Lovelylady wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:41 pm Hi i’m new to this but need some advice.
So i have been with my current partner a while now he is in prison at the moment on recall due to being late past his curfew, the original reason he was in was for a democratic incident with his ex partner it only happened with her once. i have a child (not his he’s never met him ) and wanted to know what the situation is going to be when he comes out. since being in prison he’s done his courses etc me and him have never really argued or anything so when he comes out are social services going to be involved ?? will they come and make me leave him ?? because of his past ? i’m so worried
Dear Lovelylady

Welcome to the Board and thank you for your post.

From what you write, it may be likely that social workers may want to do an assessment of you and your partner, here is some information from our website for you to read and gather further understanding of your situation and social workers potential involvement with your family (if any).

The outcome of any assessment may not be negative especially as you say your partner has completed a number of courses. However, it might be useful for you to have a discussion with Women’s Aid who may give you some more insight about domestic abuse and how it affects families.

For your partner (if he wishes) Respect might be able to advise him further and he may want to provide ‘evidence’ of the courses he has undertaken to a social worker if necessary or requested.

If a social worker becomes involved and you would like to talk about your situation, do call us on our confidential telephone advice service. The lines are open Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3.00pm, the number is 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes

Suzie