SW not accepting dad is hitting daughter, saying I'm anxious. Dad taking me to court

Ladybird

SW not accepting dad is hitting daughter, saying I'm anxious. Dad taking me to court

Post by Ladybird » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:40 am

So scared SS are saying dad isn't a risk when he's been hitting her and he's taking me to court again. My daughter disclosed her dad's been hitting her when she's there - court ordered. I told social worker who said it's private law and didn't seem wanting to do anything as daughter didn't disclose it to her. This was a new SW and first time she spoke to her. I then reported to the police, they spoke to daughter and she told them bits but not all. Spoke to dad under caution but The SW and police say daughter was vague and SW say dad is no risk! Dad is convicted of DV.
I have applied to vary the court order as I know this is true. Dad has also applied to enforce the order saying parental alienation and I have mental health issues (which I don't). Daughter says doesn't want to go, she's wet the bed few times before going and has told two teachers she doesn't want to go. I called NSPCC and daughter also disclosed to them on the phone. I feel she needs support, SW not giving any. Should I go to GP? SW was having a strategy meeting and said it will be CIN or go to conference. SW said thinks I'm anxious about her going to dads and to let them know if I need support. Thank you so much x

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: SW not accepting dad is hitting daughter, saying I'm anxious. Dad taking me to court

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:44 pm

Dear Ladybird,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the parents' board.

You say that your daughter has disclosed to you that her father has been hitting her. You have reported this to your daughter's social worker who has said that your daughter's father is not a risk. The police have also been informed but have taken no further action. You have applied to vary the child arrangements order that is in place and her father has also applied to enforce the order. Your daughter has said that she does not want to have contact with her father. The social worker has told you that there is going to be a strategy meeting and feels that you are anxious about your daughter having contact with her father. You think that your daughter requires more support.

Firstly, in regards to the child arrangements order, if you do not think the current circumstances are in the best interests of your child, you can apply to vary it as you have done. The court may decide to enforce the order or may decide to vary it based on what the judge believes is in your daughter's best interests.

If you do have any safeguarding concerns about your daughter, it is right that you tell the social worker about this as you have done. You say that a strategy meeting is taking place - is this in response to the disclosure your daughter made about her father. If child protection enquiries are started, this will be an opportunity for you to speak to the social worker about your concerns and what support you think would be helpful. Any such support can be included in a child protection or a child in need plan accordingly - take a look here for more information on child in need plans and here for more information on child protection procedures.

As part of any assessment of child protection investigation, the social worker should speak to your daughter alone. If you are concerned that the social worker is not investigating your concerns appropriately, you may want to escalate these in writing to the team manager. You may also want to consider making a formal complaint about this - take a look here for more information on how you can do this.

Best wishes,

Suzie.

Ladybird

Re: SW not accepting dad is hitting daughter, saying I'm anxious. Dad taking me to court

Post by Ladybird » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:59 am

Hi Susie

Thank you for your reply. The strategy meeting was in relation to the disclosure, but sw has said she thinks I'm anxious about daughter seeing her dad, and that he isn't a risk. They don't believe the disclosure. We are staying on CIN.
DD has raised previously to teachers and friends she is scared of dad and she didn't want to go. Also she told the previous sw, and she recommended some professional support around the DV for DD, then changed sw and new sw says it's not recorded. I have made notes from all meetings.
The 1st sw was biased and manipulated by my ex from the start and minimised the DV. He's convicted of a high risk DV, and a few police call outs over many years.
I have now moved to family as I dont feel safe. This is a new LA. Can I transfer to this LA as I hope a fresh pair of eyes might see it differently. Caffcass want the sw to do a section 7 report.
Thank you very much

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:28 am

Dear Ladybird,

I would recommend that you speak to your current social worker about providing the DV support for your daughter that was previously mentioned as part of the child in need plan. You may want to discuss other opportunities for her to express what she is experiencing, such as any emotional or therapy support that may be provided at her school or by other local agencies.

If you have moved address and plan on staying at this address permanently, you should inform your social worker of this. You should also request the transfer protocol for child in need cases for more information on the steps that your local authority will take when transferring a case to another local authority. It would also be helpful for you to search the child in need transfer/receiving protocol for the local authority you have moved to. Most local authorities will re-assess any child in need case transfers to evaluate whether the case meets their eligibility for support services.

Best wishes,

Suzie.