Medical records

Purple seven

Medical records

Post by Purple seven » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:41 pm

Hello everyone,

I got a call from Social Services that I had signed up for CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.) I am not aware about this but also no one asked to see my medical records and I have not signed anything for this.Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Medical records

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:25 pm

Dear Purple seven

Welcome to the Parents’ Forum and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie and I am Family Rights Group’s online adviser.

I can see that you are understandably very confused as you received an unexpected call from a social worker confirming that you had signed up for CBT. You were unaware of this; there also has been no discussion about your medical records.

You don’t mention how children’s services are involved with your family so it is hard to advise on such limited information.

Perhaps the best thing to do is to get back in touch with the person who called you and ask them to clarify who referred you for CBT, why and on what basis. You might also want to enquire how this links to any plans for your child/ren. CBT is a well-recognised therapy but of course you need to decide whether this is a service you want to engage with or not.

If you are able to provide more information I may be able to advise further.

I hope you get some clarification about what has happened and why. If you are concerned about any potential breach of your confidentiality you could contact the Information Commissioner..

Best wishes

Suzie