Free online parent course

Missing_two

Free online parent course

Post by Missing_two » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:44 pm

Any recommendations for online free parenting courses thevones my council are running are all aimed at kids with problems

Anyone recommend any to do that are truly free and worth it

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Free online parent course

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:08 pm

Dear Missing_two,

Thankyou for your further post. I see that in a previous post you explained that your children are teenagers and so you would need a parenting course aimed at parents with older children.

As you are aware your local authority will have parenting programmes that they provide. Although you say that they are all aimed at children ‘with problems’ I would suggest that you may still find that there are worthwhile parts of these courses which you could apply to the parenting of your children. A further benefit of attending locally run courses is meeting other parents who may be able to offer support and advice, or who you may be able to support and advise in return.

Although I am unable to provide any particular recommendations for online courses I see that the organisation ‘Sharing Parenting’ offers free 1 hour taster sessions every Tuesday from 10-11am which you may find helpful. Please see here for their timetable.

Hopefully some other parents on this forum may be able to provide you with further recommendations.

Please do post again if you need any further advice or call our helpline on 0808 801 0366 (Monday-Friday 09:30-15:00) to speak with an adviser.

Best wishes,
Suzie

Missing_two

Post by Missing_two » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:07 am

I have 3 teens still with me but the 2 they took are 10 and 8

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:48 pm

Dear Missing_two

Thanks for your post confirming your children’s ages. I am sorry if the programme I suggested was not the right one for your 10 and 8 year olds.

You could ring Family Lives confidential helpline on 0808 800 2222 to ask if they can recommend any online or local parenting programmes that might be suitable for your family. They also have some videos on parentchannel – tv for parents of children aged 9 to 14 which may be relevant.

With best wishes

Suzie