Can social worker take my baby

Kitty 33

Can social worker take my baby

Post by Kitty 33 » Tue May 04, 2021 11:21 am

Hi there still not heard eanythink from ss but I am worried that they are just going to wait till I give birth then remove my child am naw 23 weeks pregnant

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Can social worker take my baby

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue May 04, 2021 4:53 pm

Dear Kitty 33

Welcome back to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your further posts. I will respond to all three of your most recent posts here.

You are very worried about the pre-birth assessment due to be carried out especially as you had a previous child removed a number of years ago. You are with the same partner. His history as a sex offender (you have explained the SOPO is now ended) seems to be the main concern. The assessment will also look at your and your partner’s parenting and any other difficulties you may have.

The delay in starting the pre-birth assessment is adding to your anxiety. In my previous responses I have made some suggestions; have you been able to try any of them yet? If you look over my earlier replies they will remind you what I recommended.

The best thing to do is to :

• Contact the social worker directly (by phone, text, or email) to ask them to let you know more about their process and timescale for pre-birth assessments .
• Ask them to confirm when they will visit you.
• If you want, you can say that the lack of information and delay is stressful
• If you are worried about contacting the social worker to chase up the assessment you could ask another professional to do so on your behalf such as your GP or midwife .

Children’s services cannot just remove your baby when the baby is born without doing an assessment which they must share with you.

Here is a reminder about what a pre -birth assessment involves.

Here are our tips on what you can do. This includes getting legal advice from a solicitor about what might happen when the baby arrives.

If you have any learning needs or difficulties make sure you get an advocate to help you. You can ask the social worker about this. Or see this this section for more information.

I do understand that you are worried and not hearing back from the social worker is adding to this. So chase this up first.

If you have any further queries during the assessment or afterwards please do post back or call our freephone helpline on 0808 8010366, Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm.

With best wishes

Suzie

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:19 pm

hi there just a littel update we have got the times and dates for the pre birth assesmet the assesment will not fhines till i am about 32 weeks what happens if my baby comes early will they be abel to take her off me if we are still doing the assemt when she comes this assessment is so stressful cause they hv left it so late to do I mean I jabw only got q6 weeks left or less and she could be hear I don't want her have her and not nr aloud to take her home whit me

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:48 am

What I don't understand is y they have left it so late to do the pre birth assessment by time we start it I will be 25 weeks pregnant buy time we get the assessment fhinesd I will be 31 weeks or she might all ready be hear before the assessment ends I though they was not aloud to do pre birthassessment after 20 weeks ever time I try contact them they ignot me