Positive story?

Starstar123

Positive story?

Post by Starstar123 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:34 pm

Hi, has anyone got any positive stories about taking thier baby home after a previous (6 years ago) NAI? Remain in the pool of perpetrators but it was never decided if it was me or babies father. There was findings made against both of us. New baby now, different father, (dont speak) positive mother and baby placement, lots of changes made. Also if anyone has any advice on psychological assessments based on a previous NAI and timescales of assessments being completed id be grateful 🙏

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Positive story?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:52 pm

Dear Starstar123,

Welcome to the Parent’s Forum. I am Suzie Family Rights Group online adviser.

Congratulations on the birth of your child.
You say that you were left in the “pool of perpetrators” in respect of a non accidental injury a child of yours suffered 6 years ago. In light of this, you want to know what the chances are of you keeping your baby. Please look at the Child Protection Resource on line which discusses what happens in the future, if a parent is left in the pool of perpetrators. It emphasises how careful and thorough assessment of a parent is needed that just being left in a pool is not sufficient for a baby to be removed from a parent. I advise that you ensure that your solicitor has experience of these kind of cases as this will improve your chances that you will be properly assessed. So it is worth researching solicitors to find an experienced one.
I can see that you have had a positive mother and baby assessment and that the assessor identified lots of changes in your parenting capacity. Your baby also has a different father from the one involved when your older child suffered a non- accidental injury. He will also be entitled to an assessment and could be seen as a positive and protective parent.

In respect of timescales for assessments, if there are care proceedings, please see our advice about care proceedings .
Your solicitor along with other legal representatives and the parties and court will consider how long the assessments will take and will make a court timetable. Cases should normally be completed within 26 weeks but can take much longer depending on the evidence. If there are no court proceedings, ask the person who is carrying out the assessment and the social worker for the timetable.

You ask about psychological assessments. Here is information about psychological assessments. .
You could also check the CV of the psychologist to see whether they have experience of assessing change since a historical finding of being in a pool of perpetrators.
Our working with your solicitor and the social worker guides may be helpful.
I hope my advice helps.

Best Wishes,
Suzie