Am I about to lose my children

marioman88

Am I about to lose my children

Post by marioman88 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.
My two boys were taken by social care in September 2019 and obtained an interim care order.
my son was admitted to the hospital. however, 2 days prior we had him checked by a GP.
we decided to go to the hospital after noticing a lump on my 1-year-olds head. long story short it turned out to be a linear skull fracture. after a fall from my eldest bed.
currently, independent doctors are deciding if the fall would have caused the injury to rule it as accidental or non-accidental. the police were involved but recently closed their end of the case due to no evidence. the local school raised no concerns sons attendance was high. health visitor raised no concerns.

we understand and agree we should have been in the room at the time, therefore, take responsibility.

since September 2019 we have changed a lot around our home and within our lives.
we have fully decorated our home improved safety for the kids (safety gates - playpens - Childs CCTV camera in his bedroom - door and window alarms all of which send notifications to my phone).
we have completed a parenting course & I'm currently on another. all of this had been done off our own backs and social worker not once asked us to do anything as we already seemed to be one step ahead.

we see our kids so many times a week with some been supervised by the Local Authority.
all our supervised visits have gone well we have been given great praise on how we are with our kids.
the social worker says she has no concerns. (after assessments)
social worker mentioned if medical evidence comes back ok they will apply for a supervision order.
the social worker also says if medical evidence comes back bad she will apply for a care order however the kids would come home on this care order. she made no mention of taking kids away from us.
I should note prior to this no criminal records or previous social care involvement had ever happened and this is a first.

so at the moment with all the above said I'm losing my mind i don't know if the social worker is trying to trick me or play me somehow or if she is genuine.
has anyone else ever been in a similar situation and got their kids back home after court?.
the internet has a lot of bad comments about social care. however, I can't accept everyone ever involved with social care had a bad outcome. we have worked hard with social care and got along well with them. I'm worried that they may have a hidden agenda or say things to keep the storm calm however there's never been a storm I should say. I'm very interested to see some positive comments from parents.
in my opinion children's services involvement has been both good and bad. good because it opened our eyes. because we have learned so much about parenting & bad because of the pain I see my children going through wanting to come home.

Social care had seen my son upset and express his views on wanting to come home.

what are your thoughts on this do you think we have done enough to bring our boys home?

it is my understanding although I could be wrong that if a parent has shown a change from the concerns social care had raised the judge should bring the boys home if the issues had been rectified at home there should be no cause for concern ongoing. I have read up on articles 3 6 & 8 of the human rights act that do seem to back up my theory and the ultimate aim should be to bring the kids home.

I'm sorry for the long read but I'm genuinely worried for my children they really want to come home and we miss them dearly.
Many thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Am I about to lose my children

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:54 pm

Dear marioman88

Thank you for your post.

I understand why you are worried about the outcome of the medical findings and about what Children’s Services will do once the facts have been found but you have said that the social worker says that whatever the outcome the children will come home to you possibly under a supervision order or under a care order. Our advice sheet Care (and related) proceedings will tell you more about possible outcomes and the process.

From what you have said it does not seem that the social worker is trying to trick you. Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to ask your solicitor(s) to verify what the local authority’s view is about the outcome of the care proceedings and what the long term care plan will be for the children. You have said that contact with your children is always good and that all the expected changes to make your home a safer place have been done and you have made positive changes with regard to your parenting skills. Do talk about the positive changes you have made to the social worker and other professionals involved in your case.

If you would like to speak to an adviser do call our advice service on 0808 801 0366, lines are open Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3.00pm.

Best wishes

Suzie

Noname

Re: Am I about to lose my children

Post by Noname » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Could you please tell me how is your case now? Did you get your child back?

Bestrongmumma

Similar issue

Post by Bestrongmumma » Mon May 02, 2022 6:43 am

Hi, I am going through the same. I just want to know the outcome of your case? Did you get the children back