Social services

Kami2018

Re: Social services

Post by Kami2018 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:47 am

I can't imagine how u must cope with them n it returning your son home , I know someone at present who is just about to go through the same thing her son is quite voikent to his siblings and his mum and they are talking of removing him to care because he is a risk to his siblings n she tells me they have did very little to help keep them as a family xx

Miserylovescompany2

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:45 am

Unfortunately this all comes down to funding. If money was spent to prevent families reaching the point of crisis them so many more families would remain together. So much money is being spent on removing children in these circumstances when in reality the point of removal could be avoided. To support a family long term costs money also. Families are now fearful to ask for help in fear their children will be removed - this actually places those families in a very vulnerable position - because if they ask for help the child is removed and if they don't their situation could result in the unthinkable a child seriously harmed or worse at the hand of a sibling.

There is very little help out there to prevent families reaching crisis. The removal of my son hasn't helped him - it has actually placed him at further risk of harm.

Kami, I received two phone calls yesterday from my sons care home. The first was to inform me there had been an incident between my son and another child (15) at the home. This had started off with name calling between the two boys and quickly escalated to threats to kill! The other child climbed onto the roof outside my sons room and attempted to smash the window to get to my son.

The second call I received at 10pm informing me of a 2nd incident which culminated in an actual physical fight between both boys. My son is 13 and has autism. The other child (15) had already been sectioned prior to him entering the care home. From what he told my son this was because he had stabbed a parent. I don't know if this is true due to confidentiality? The police were called yesterday evening and the 15yo removed and taken into police custody for the night. The care home could not ensure the safety of either child!

I was on a call to my son when the second incident escalated. My son was chatting calmly making jokes - I heard the other child in the background clearly calling my son a wa**er. I advised my son to ignore him and tell me more about how his room was going to be decorated - the name calling continued and my son retaliated. I was on the phone the entire time. All I could hear was screaming and shouting. I stayed on the line and came very close to calling the police myself!

I do not believe my son is safe. You would of thought/assumed that every child would of been risk assessed especially on the risk each child poses to each other?

I hope the person you know don't have her child placed at further risk of harm and they actually get support.

Thank you Kami for your words. Xx

Kami2018

Post by Kami2018 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:38 pm

That is absolutely crazy I cant believe there leaving ur son in this place where there is a risk to his welfare after all they removed him at cause of there apparent risk factors but yet they have him living with someone who has maybe stabbed a parent and is being physically violent with your son , have u spoke to a solicitor someone has to do something to help you doesn't seem like it's safe there

Miserylovescompany2

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi Kami,

Yes, I have spoken to a solicitor regarding other concerns also. If I am honest I'm lucky if the solicitor reads my emails properly let alone gives a response. I brought up a very serious concern recently about a report written about my son by a lead clinical phycologist - who has never even met my son yet wrote a report claiming my son had no traits of autism. The SW had read the report out to me over the phone. I queried the content and requested a copy. I have been blocked at every turn.

I had unsupervised contact with my son today. He shared a recording done on his phone. It shows clearly some of the first incident. The boy (15) standing outside on the roof attempting to smash my sons bedroom window. You can see him repeatedly kick with force multiple times. My son was told by staff at the care home to delete this recording. I have been to the police and got the crime log number. Hopefully the officer who attended will call me tonight to discuss the recording.

No, I don't believe my son is safe. He is supposed to be in a solo placement. This never happened.

I think a different solicitor needs to be at the top of my to-do-list. Then I might have a chance to fight against what is currently happening. Once a child is removed CS don't seem bothered if the child's needs are met or not.

Misery xx