S20 signed awaiting medical report

Rainbow12

S20 signed awaiting medical report

Post by Rainbow12 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:19 pm

Hello. I'm new here and have found myself involved with SS following an injury to my child that I can't precisely explain. We believe my.toddler caused the injury, by accident although as we cannot pin point the precise time, we are being accused. We are waiting for medical reports to come back and the social worker had said she cannot give any timescale on these. It feels as if we are just being left and are worried this will go on for months....any advice gratefully received. We desperately need our children home.
Thank yoy

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: S20 signed awaiting medical report

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm

Dear Rainbow12

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Board.

I am sorry to read of your situation, below is some information that might help.

We have some information and tips on our website, here. It may be a good idea for you to ask the medical professionals about timescales and ask “when”, “how” and “by whom” you will be told of their findings or outcomes.

You said that you have signed a Section 20 agreement here is some information about what it expect with this ‘voluntary’ agreement in place.

Parents Accused have some information and tips for families in your situation on their website, you can find it here.

Child Protection Resource has some information too, that can be found here.

I hope you find this information useful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Rainbow12

Re: S20 signed awaiting medical report

Post by Rainbow12 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:33 pm

Thanks for your reply. We are now waiting for a legal planning meeting to see what the next steps are. Everything takes ages and its hard to stay patient whilst fearing the worst possible result.