Help they are looking at adoption my baby

WorriedDad78

Help they are looking at adoption my baby

Post by WorriedDad78 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:32 am

Good morning
Me and my wife have been in that family assessment centre for last 16 weeks and we fail the interim care assessment on the old history and now they're all about adoption for are baby's feels like are lawyers are agreeing with the local authority and not listening to us and not fighting our case and we don't want to lose are baby and you do not know what to do now we are so scared

Wolfzone

Re: Help they are looking at adoption my baby

Post by Wolfzone » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:47 pm

Can you please post up the full details of this matter.

What is the "old history"?

Kind regards

Wolfzone

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Help they are looking at adoption my baby

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:18 pm

Dear WorriedDad78

Thank you for your post and welcome to the parents’ discussion forum.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. I see from your post that you have had a negative assessment from the family assessment centre which was carrying out a 16 week assessment of you and your wife.

You have given very little information about the circumstances that led to children’s services becoming involved with your family. Regarding the history that you mention in the post, how did this become an issue during your assessment? It maybe that the reason for your assessment was to find out how much change has taken place.

Regarding the local authority’s plan in respect of adoption, it not unusual as part of their parallel planning to consider different options about a child’s future care. They will consider the parents, other family and friends who the parents may have put forward as possible carers. Have you and your wife suggested anyone who can be assessed for a special guardianship order. I suggest you speak to your respective solicitors about this. It is not clear what stage you are in the care proceedings but hopefully it is in the early so will be time for assessments to be done.

You may find it helpful to read our advice sheets:
Care (and related) proceedings

Special Guardianship: what does it mean for birth parents?

This website may also be of help to you and your wife. It is referred to as young parents but the information is useful for anyone involved with children’s services and the court.

I think it is important for you to discuss the assessment report with your solicitor so, if necessary you can comment on what is said about you or if there should be any other assessment done. Your solicitor knows your case and is best placed to advice you as he/she has all the information about your case.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser about your situation do telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie