Will my sons dad ever be able to see my son again?

Heg1234

Will my sons dad ever be able to see my son again?

Post by Heg1234 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:32 am

Okay so my and my sons dad have been in an on and off relationship since my son was born, there as been a number of occasions where police have had to be called to my house because of his behaviour when he is drunk. He gets very load and aggressive and has been violent towards be on two occasions. My sons dad no longer lives with us however I am pregnant with baby number 2.

Of course social services have been made aware which I understand and for now dad is not aloud contact with *** or at my address, which again I understand. I’m due a phone call in the next couple of days of the social worker.

I know my sons dad is a good person deep down his problem is binge drinking. He has never received any sort of help with his anger and I personally think he’d benefit from it and I know he’d be more than happy to try anything.

It make me sad that my son and his dad aren’t seeing each other at the minute and it scares me the thought of him not being at the birth as he was so good last time.

Will he ever be able to be allowed to have contact with his kids? What can he do to make this happen?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Will my sons dad ever be able to see my son again?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:55 pm

Dear Heg123

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Board.

The father of your children should be able to have contact with his children if he is able to seek help and address the issues he has with alcohol and the domestic abuse that has occurred in your relationship/home.

There are a number of services that you could recommend to him. Drug and Alcohol Services may be available in the area he lives in, you or he could do a search on the Internet for this service. There is the national support group Alcoholics Anonymous who may be able to help too, here is a link. The NHS has some information about alcohol use, here is the link.

With regard to the incidences of domestic abuse that have occurred in your home/relationship, Respect is a charity that may be able to help the father of your children. And for yourself, if you have not had any support in the past of if you would like to refresh your knowledge, Women’s Aid is where you can find information.

Children’s services may say that they are going to become involved with you again and assess the situation. Here is our advice sheet about Child protection procedures.

I hope this information is helpful

Best wishes

Suzie