Legal advice

As11

Legal advice

Post by As11 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:45 pm

If my son is living in Scotland and I’m in England, where should my legal representation be from? I have been passed around so much today and gotten a no from most solicitor because they don’t accept legal aid. I can’t get a straight answer to my questions and every helpline I try are always busy. It’s impossible to get through I have a 1 year old so most of my time is spent trying to keep her busy. Is there anyone who can help me with the legal side of things. Someone that could explain my rights but also explain where I need to file court papers? Any help would be great. I’m really struggling to sort all this out myself and what’s more is my ex has all the power. I don’t have a voice at all. I feel like the whole legal system is a minefield and trying to sort through it all is impossible. Any advice would be great my son has had social services involved but they left and now it’s a civil matter. Thanks for your time.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Legal advice

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:56 am

Dear As11

Welcome to the discussion board, thank you for your post and apologies for the delayed reply. My name is Suzie and I will be responding to your post today.

I am sorry to hear you have not been able to get the answers you want and need. It is frustrating and stressful when this happens especially when you are busy caring for a one-year-old child.

At FRG we advise families who are directly involved with Children’s Services (or want help from them) in England. As this is not the case in your situation, we are unable to offer you advice. However, we can signpost you to some resources that may be able to assist. Please see the links below

The Scottish Law Centre – this organisation provides free legal advice on child law across Scotland. You will need to file court papers in the district your child is living therefore it may be helpful to contact this organisation for support and advice.

Children 1st Parentline (Scotland) – Children’s 1st is Scotland’s National Children’s Charity. They may be able to assist
you further. This is their telephone number 08000 28 22 33.

I hope this information has been helpful to you.

Best wishes, Suzie