Child protection team

As11

Child protection team

Post by As11 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:54 pm

After making a complaint about social services failing to listen to me at all my complaint was assigned a worker who has emailed back this if anyone has made a complaint and this has happened to them then can you please explain what this means.

Does this mean that they are taking it higher up? Thanks for read and any help would be appreciated.

As11

Re: Child protection team

Post by As11 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:55 pm

This is the email. However, following discussions with the MASH Team Manager I have concluded that you will be better served by someone from the District Child Protection Team looking into your complaints

As11

Post by As11 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:55 pm

As11 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:54 pm After making a complaint about social services failing to listen to me at all my complaint was assigned a worker who has emailed back this if anyone has made a complaint and this has happened to them then can you please explain what this means.

However, following discussions with the MASH Team Manager I have concluded that you will be better served by someone from the District Child Protection Team looking into your complaints

Does this mean that they are taking it higher up? Thanks for read and any help would be appreciated.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:31 am

Dear AS11,

You have made a complaint to children's services. The complaint was assigned an officer, who has now informed you that your complaint would be better served by someone from the district child protection team.

Firstly, can I confirm that you have made a formal complaint to your local children's services complaints department? It is important that you make clear that this is a formal complaint.

Upon receipt of your complaint, the person dealing with this should make clear to you what the next steps will be. I would therefore advice that you contact the person initially assigned to your case, and ask them who will be dealing with your complaint and how they will do this.

I am assuming from your post that your complaint is in Stage 1. This means that it should be dealt with by a complaints officer or a team manager. Responses to complaints in Stage 1 should be received within 10 working days. This is known as the informal problem solving stage - you can read more about this here. If you are not satisfied with children's services response at this stage, you can progress it to stage 2 and seek a formal investigation. Please see here for our page on complaints which you may find helpful.

I hope you have found this helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie.

As11

Post by As11 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:49 pm

Thank you yes they have responded but the time was longer due to annual leave. I now have the response and have spoken to a manger that was dealing with it setting out a few things that weren’t mentioned in the complaint, they are talking to the social worker involved and hopefully they will be able to prevent a few issues that I set out.