Sibling contact under SGO

Addy2010

Sibling contact under SGO

Post by Addy2010 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:03 pm

My brother and his wife have my son under an SGO and have done for 6yrs. I have not had contact with my son for the last 3 years as I had difficulties maintaining contact and they said it was destroying my son emotionally. I no he has been under camhs and they back my brother. I have had another baby recently and he is currently in foster care pending my evaluation. The SW asked my brother to take the baby when it was born and he refused and said he would not be involved with me again. I am hoping to get the baby back and the SW has said my brother refuses to do sibling contact with my new baby and my SGO son. Is he allowed to just refuse? Can SS not enforce the contact? They are full siblings. My other children under SGO are half siblings so SW has not tried to do sibling contact with them.

Addy2010

Re: Sibling contact under SGO

Post by Addy2010 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:00 am

My brother and his wife have my son under an SGO and have done for 6yrs. I have not had contact with my son for the last 3 years as I had difficulties maintaining contact and they said it was destroying my son emotionally. I no he has been under camhs and they back my brother. I have had another baby recently and he is currently in foster care pending my evaluation. The SW asked my brother to take the baby when it was born and he refused and said he would not be involved with me again. I am hoping to get the baby back and the SW has said my brother refuses to do sibling contact with my new baby and my SGO son. Is he allowed to just refuse? Can SS not enforce the contact? They are full siblings. My other children under SGO are half siblings so SW has not tried to do sibling contact with them.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Sibling contact under SGO

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:53 am

Dear Addy2010

I have replied to all your posts in one - posted yesterday, 14th July.

Best wishes

Suzie