Court application with innacurate report from Child services

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 01, 2021 11:28 pm

Court application with innacurate report from Child services

Post by Mic22 » Tue May 04, 2021 10:16 pm

I have a court on this Friday for an intern care order but remain with me. The report is made up with false information that has been given by my ex who emotionally abused me ( children’s father) to which none of has been proven or have the children been asked. In fact it’s been shown that incidents are to be not true or different accounts of events to make it seem it’s my parenting or neglect emotionally. I have been fighting for support with the children’s needs for 4 years now and on CPP for 3rd time due to him making false allegations, my middle child has ASd and GAD and now attend a specialist provision for his needs and he does well when there, however due to his anxieties he doesn’t always manage to get in the transport provided and can hit out at escort when encouraged to get in then they refuse to take him. His school is 35 miles away and have 4 other children to get to schools, my daughter who is now 14 has been refusing school due to not being able to manage, also ASD and assessment during EHCP application state her needs which also advise she has special learning needs and needs specialist provision along with advice for school to what support to provide, it states her anxieties cause her not attend, LA and schools have not followed advice and state in report that I don’t encourage school or see the importance of educating, when all this time I have fought for her needs to be met to achieve her full potential, I have a child with my now ex due to all this, whom my daughter had an obsession with , she used to video call her father with the baby but he told CS that she calls to check she is looking after him properly as I’ve gone out ( I am always home) so now they say she is a young carer and to me and all the children and her attendance due to worries of leaving us , no one has asked her or listening to me

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 3055
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Court application with innacurate report from Child services

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu May 13, 2021 10:55 am

Dear Mic22

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie and I am FRG’s online adviser. I am sorry there has been a delay in my response to you. I am also sorry to hear of the difficulties you and your family are experiencing.

You explain how you have struggled to get the right help and support for your children over the years; two of your children have a disability and special educational needs and these have resulted in both of the children having difficulty getting to or staying in school. You strongly dispute children’s services’ assessment of the situation and their view of your daughter as a young carer too. You state that your ex-partner has made what you consider to be malicious allegations and that the children’s views have not been sought. Are you in touch with any specialist domestic abuse services in relation to the emotional abuse you describe from your ex-partner? From what you say, it seems that the problems your children are having are seen as putting them at risk, the plans to date have not been successful in improving things and the lack of a shared understanding between you and children’s services may be hindering progress.

Unfortunately, the concerns for the children have led to the local authority applying for an interim care order but with a care plan that they should remain at home with you. You haven’t asked any specific questions in your post but clearly you are feeling unheard and you dispute the concerns which children’s services maintain are harming/likely to harm your children. The hearing you mentioned will have already happened now as it was due to take place on the Friday following your post.

Hopefully, you were represented by a specialist solicitor with children law accreditation; they are best placed to advise you on your situation as they have access to all the court papers and attended the hearing. They will have considered your points and helped you respond to the social worker's statement and interim plan. You should liaise very carefully with them. It is also important that you continue to work with children’s services and any other agencies involved. The court will determine what assessments or interventions should be done so do check with your solicitor what you are being asked to do. If an interim care order is made and the children remain with you, you will need to show that you can address the concerns safely and maintain any changes to convince the court that the children should remain in your care at the end of the court process.

You may want to do an updating post in order to ask any specific questions you have.

In the meantime, you may find the following information helpful:

Working with your solicitor
Working with your social worker
Care proceedings
Family group conferences – if you haven’t been offered an FGC yet you can ask for this this bring together your support network.
Young carers.
Children with disabilities and special educational needs.

You can also ring for advice if you would prefer – the freephone advice service is open from 9.30 am to 3.00 pm, Mon to Fri (apart from bank holidays) on 0808 8010366.

Best wishes


Post Reply