Anyone going experience with CPC

Liebe102

Anyone going experience with CPC

Post by Liebe102 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:07 pm

Anyone got any experience and managed to still have contact with the child?

Have you being suicidal/self harmed but sought mental help?

Been in a dv dispute but had been to anger management courses?

Do they give you a chance to change over a time period?

I'm not violent BTW! Just want to hear other peoples stories.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Anyone going experience with CPC

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:37 am

Dear Liebe 102,

Thank you for your post.
I can see that your heading refers to a child protection enquiries/ conference. It is not clear whether your child/children are subject to a child protection plan. If there is a plan or a child protection conference, our FAQ’s about child protection will be helpful.

You ask about contact with a child when there are child protection concerns. Often children services will carry out an assessment to see how contact can happen safely between a parent and a child. For example, a parent could have contact supervised by a family member or at a contact centre. If children services are not considering assessing your contact so you are not having contact at the moment, then you should seek “private law” advice from the Child law advice line or Families need Fathers.

You ask whether a parent is given time to seek help and change over a time period. Yes, parents are given time by children services to seek treatment for mental health problems and help for any alleged abusive behaviour. But children services have also to be mindful that children cannot always wait a long time for parents to change or get support. So it is really important that parents get any help that they need. if this is your situation, then you need to let children services know that you are doing this.
You say that your behaviour has never been abusive. In case it might have been, unintentionally, you could always talk to the helpline at Respect (0808 802 4040) and they could advise you further.

I hope my advice helps but if you need further advice, please post on the Parents Forum again.

Kind regards,
Suzie