Please help me!

Liebe102

Please help me!

Post by Liebe102 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:26 pm

when does a strategy discussion take place after child protection services have been contacted? And if the 15 days have passed. Is it safe to say there is no need for a child protection conference?

I'm extremely worried.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Please help me!

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:57 pm

Dear Liebe102,

Welcome to the parents' board and thank you for your post.

A strategy discussion takes place between Children’s Services, the police and possibly other child care agencies at the beginning of child protection enquiries. This happens when children's services have reason to believe that a child may have suffered or is at risk of suffering significant harm. The purpose of the discussion is to decide:

- whether and how the child protection enquiries should be carried out; and
- whether any immediate steps need to be taken to keep the child safe while the child protection investigation is underway, for example, if someone should be asked not to have contact with the child for the time being.

Parents are not normally invited to strategy meetings but should be informed as soon as possible afterwards of what is likely to happen. A child protection conference should take place no more than 15 days after a strategy meeting. If, during the child protection enquiries, it becomes apparent that there is no need for an initial child protection conference, then the parent should be informed of this.

Best wishes,

Suzie