Pre birth Assessment

JZL22

Pre birth Assessment

Post by JZL22 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:14 pm

Hi, I have a pre birth assessment on Tuesday via video link and one again on Thursday. I have 3 previous children 2 of which were adopted and my eldest went to live with my mum. My son had a non accidental incident when he was younger and due to this I lost all my children. I know how my oldest back in my care. This happend 12 years ago I was in bad domestic violence I was only a young mum I was homeless. My situation has changed considerably and matured. What are the chances child services want to take my unborn baby.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Pre birth Assessment

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:11 pm

Dear JZL22

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Board, please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

By now you would have had your prebirth assessment, I hope it went well. In all cases social workers should assess you from where you are ‘now’. Your past will of course have some part to play but it should not be the main focus of the current assessment of your strengths, parenting capacity and network of support etc. I do hope the social worker explained the process to you beforehand.

If as you say your situation has changed considerably, I hope during the assessment you were able to talk about all of the positive changes you have made since the local authority’s last involvement with you.

If you would like to speak with one of our advisers about your situation in more detail, do call our advice service, it is open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 3.00pm on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes

Suzie