DISCLOSURE AT SCHOOL

Bubbles

DISCLOSURE AT SCHOOL

Post by Bubbles » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:49 pm

Hi all

I need some advice, my child (4 years old in reception) made a disclosure at the school on friday. We have no history of any problems with SS or the school.

The school reported it to SS, they did not inform me that they were going to make a referral. We picked him up from school at 3.

At 3.30pm on a Friday I get a call from a social worker about a mark being reported on my child asking for more details eg dr surgery and details of other children. At this point i thought it was a bogus call.

On Monday I spoke to the school, that I had this call and they confirm yes the made the call.

What has really annoyed, distressed and upset me is that i was not informed by the school that a referral has been made. I understand they wouldn't tell parents if they felt by doing so it would put the child in more danger. However, they must have a reason why they felt this. The social service call didn't call me back till tuesday to tell me she wanted to see my child in school, which was fine as we had nothing to hide.

Is it reasonable to think that we should have been informed that a referral has been made

any advice would be good